• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS:Vector POB 50w HID - UK

plasmaman

Enlightened
I am selling one of the 2 Vector's I have converted to a 50w D2S 4300K HID.
Less than 20 minutes runtime on everything.
Ballast is inside the case, and power is from 2 new 6v 3.3ah SLA's in series.
Original (ridiculous) switch replaced by larger illuminated flip switch, repositioned at the back for better use.
This light has an excellent tight beam, good runtime and perfect colour. The tree in the centre is around 600 feet away.
2D9C2654.jpg

Because of weight this is probably a UK sale only.
£145 plus postage of your choice.
Usual stuff re first to post etc
email rather than PM pleeze?
john (at) foxcourt (dot) co (dot) uk

plasmaman

Enlightened
A few people have asked about this mod, so I promised to post some pictures which I hope will help.
This is one great light IMO, well worth doing. Quite a tight beam, plenty of throw and very bright.

I built 2 – the one in the thread sold which ran on an SLA cell, and the one I kept which runs 4 x Li D 7.5ah
I used an ebay sourced auto slim 50w xenon kit with D2S bulbs from seller 'yourhid'
This only has 2 power wires red and black. Some ballasts apparently have 3, but I believe you'll only need to connect pos and neg.
The yellow wire in the pic comes from the charging socket and is not used. I do not use the charging socket to charge the Li pack, although if you are running an SLA cell you can use the socket.

from the back showing the pack in situ

the pack connections

the pack

the ballast in situ from the back

from the front showing the ballast in situ

the ballast

the lamp holder and clip

back together again and powered up

Great light - easy mod - good value.

Last edited:

Parker VH

Enlightened
Thanks for the pics. I'm doing this mod now also. I'm using a Lipo 5000mah battery and a 55W ballast placed side by side in the original battery compartment. I'll post pics when I'm done.