I want Fenix Forward Clickies!!

adnj

Enlightened
I have to spout off here! I can't buy another Fenix (other than the T-Series) unless it has a forward-clickie. I have a few of them and the reverse clickies and twists are not cutting it anymore.

When will we see more EDC lights from them with forward-clickies.

daimleramg

Banned
I have to spout off here! I can't buy another Fenix (other than the T-Series) unless it has a forward-clickie. I have a few of them and the reverse clickies and twists are not cutting it anymore.

When will we see more EDC lights from them with forward-clickies.

How much are you willing to pay? Are you willing to pay an extra $46.00 USD for the forward clickie on top of the P2D?

umc

Enlightened
I like forward clickies as well and didn't know the difference between a forward and reverse clicky when I bought my Fenix lights. IMHO giving them forward clickies would make them that much better, for me anyway..

Bigsy

Enlightened
Forwards will turn on with a half press, reverse need a full press.

For a multimode light I find a reverse better as you can change modes with a half press when the light is on. Forward is nice on a single mode (or if light level is changed via somthing other than the switch), but all the forward clickies I've had have all died in the end, I just don't think their as reliable.

Also the ones I've had (well the ones I've busted apart) have had a lot higher resistance than reverse due to them having a very tiny gauge spring inside, I guess this isnt necessary inherit to a forward clicky but they do tend to be more intricate inside.

Last edited:

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
The forward clickie is great for momentary on, where as with the reverse clickie you have to turn it on, and then turn it off, even if you only need light for a split second.

I don't know - I'm a bit lazy so a forward clickie is nice, but the reverse clickie does not bother me that much at all...

Belker

Newly Enlightened
I wish they would just use a switch that you can click without sticking your finger down into a hole. I could live without it being able to tailstand.

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked up the new L2Tv2 Q2 and the forward clicky tailswitch is very nice. The spring is heavier and the mechanical action feels much more substantial than my original (Aug 07) L1Tv2 Rebel 80's.

I do like the Rebel 80's tint more though, it's a "warm deluxe" to the Q2's "cool white". The RB80 also has a little more spill diameter. I ended up putting the Rebel80 in the 2xAA tube with the new switch and put the Q2 in the L1Tv2 body.

A great pity they didn't make a LxTv2 Rebel 100.

PS no nasty tints to my Q2, it's actually a warm-ish white, just not as warm as my RB80 or L2D RB100.

Last edited:

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on forward/normal clickies.

I put a Leef body w/clickie on a Fenix and it really changed the utility of the light toward the way that I use them.

-LT

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I took the forward clickie parts out of my L1T tail cap, and put them in my P2D tail cap, to make what I call...The P2T. But, to be honest....I would not do that unless I was using it with the L1T/L2T head with two levels. A forward clickie on a light like the Fenix L series, and P2D lights with several levels would be a real PITA. I have a forward clickie on my Dereelight DBS V2 with 3 levels, and that borders on being a PITA. I should have ordered the 2 level one. Forward clickies are not made with cycling through several levels in mind. I guess with a little time and patience, you could get used to it....but it wouldn't be easy.

P2t.jpg

Last edited:

adnj

Enlightened
Why not just make both available or as a kit? Otherwise, I have to let the lights just sit in the glove box or a drawer.

tedjanxt

Enlightened
It's a bit expensive, but a streamlight microstream body attached to an L0DQ4 head makes a great forward clickie AAA light :)