New - ENERGIZER ALUMINUM 3 WATT- 2XAA LED FLASHLIGHT

ps56k

Enlightened
Energizer recently came out with 2 general market LED flashlights that have been showing up at Target - a 1w 1xAA and a 3w 2xAA.

The 1w 1xAA has been discussed in another thread...
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/194299

but wanted to have another anchor for the other 3w version...
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000X8REO4/?tag=cpf0b6-20

the 1w version I have is product # - MLT1WAAE
hmm - decoding model number ???

here's the 3w version... MLT3W2AAL

SO - I'm guessing the MLT = Metal, LED, Tactical
then 1W or 3w
then AA or 2AA (should have been 1AA or 2AA)
then E = standard "Energizer Alk" or L = Energizer Lithium ??

Last edited:

Paladin

Enlightened
I recently picked up their 2AA 3 watt light, and the wife stole it once I had it at home. Seems well made, although the output is not much to brag about, maybe 30 or 40 lumens and throws decently to 50 yards or so. Came with a pair of Lithium cells, which I did manage to hang on to.:naughty:

The body machining struck me as very much like the grooves Streamlight used for the TL-2 and TL-3's.

Paladin

ETA: with fairly fresh Duracell alkalines tailcap current is about 850 mA.

Last edited:

ps56k

Enlightened
The packaging on the 1w has "12x" (compared to other LEDs),
and the 3w has "21x"
so I was expecting more output....

I really like the 1w AA version we bought,
and may have to take another trip to Target
and stare at the 3w version for awhile.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went to Target today and looked at this light again. I got one about a month ago and I believe it has a Luxeon III led. The one I saw in target today had a different LED. It looked like the same LED that is in the 2 AA 1 watt version. Could it have been upgraded with a Rebel???

Mike

Marduke

Flashaholic
I went to Target today and looked at this light again. I got one about a month ago and I believe it has a Luxeon III led. The one I saw in target today had a different LED. It looked like the same LED that is in the 2 AA 1 watt version. Could it have been upgraded with a Rebel???

Mike

Both models have existed at the same time, both older Lux III's, and low bin Rebel 50's.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there any difference in the output or runtime of the Lux III and Rebel versions?

Mike

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brightguy sells a version that is over 100 lumens (rated by energizer) and it has electronic dimming for around $40. It might be worth a look if you wanted a slightly brighter version.

David_Campen

Enlightened
Thanks, the ELMCL21L that is rated at 110 Lumens looks interesting. Anyone tried one, are you impressed with the brightness?