Flashlight Story

smvtsailor

Newly Enlightened
Well, although I enjoy the use and ownership of various flashlights, my parents feel otherwise. We were having a discussion on the matter earlier tonight when I brought up that if they don't want to carry a flashlight, at least there should be one within arm's reach of the toilet, preventing any "messy" issues if there is ever a power failure. My mom, of course, did not agree. Well, about an hour later, guess what happened and where my mom was!:laughing:

Edit: Mods, if this would be better suited for the Cafe, please relocate it.

smvtsailor

Newly Enlightened
Coincidence? Guess who was playing with the breaker box?
:laughing:

Believe it or not, I wasn't. It was a real blackout. The funny thing is, since I got into flashlights, we haven't had a single blackout until now. It only lasted about 5 minutes, unfortunately. Before it started, I had the pleasant 10 second "hurry and unplug the laptop and get out a flashlight" power fluctuations.

smvtsailor

Newly Enlightened
No offense taken, TB. At least there is a small fauxton on her keyring.

E2x2e, :crackup:

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wouldn't you know it - just 15 or 20 minutes after I posted that we had an hour long power cut here! But within arms reach I had a 100W rechargeable spotlight, a Cree-modded hand torch, a Cree-modded headlamp, and a smattering of LED keyring lights. :D

Burgess

Flashaholic
It's especially important to have a flashlight

when you are using a Public Restroom !

When (for whatever reason) the lights go out,

it's worth its weight in semi-precious metals. :kiss:

That's practically guaranteed to make someone a "believer".

:thumbsup:
_

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's really necessary to carry a flashlight in a public bathroom with lights on a timer. Sometimes you don't find out the lights are going to go out until you sit down and can't get up. It happened to me at a Del Taco in Oceanside, CA. Luckily, I had a Photon II. Sometimes in a restroom for more than one person, someone else will turn out the lights and leave leaving you in the dark. It does happen, especially in California where the government and environmentalists bombard us with energy conservation propaganda. You should always carry a flashlight. Even one the size of a quarter can save your butt.

Qoose

Enlightened
It's really necessary to carry a flashlight in a public bathroom with lights on a timer. Sometimes you don't find out the lights are going to go out until you sit down and can't get up. It happened to me at a Del Taco in Oceanside, CA. Luckily, I had a Photon II. Sometimes in a restroom for more than one person, someone else will turn out the lights and leave leaving you in the dark. It does happen, especially in California where the government and environmentalists bombard us with energy conservation propaganda. You should always carry a flashlight. Even one the size of a quarter can save your butt.

Ahhgg.. The pun! :poof:

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, about an hour later, guess what happened and where my mom was!

LOL! My only experience with sudden darkness in the "library of continuing education" was in France when I was 18. The light switch was outside the room with the throne, and it was on a timer. Back then, my only light was a Garrity LifeLite. (Yeah, I know, but it's better than nothing!)

Lumenz

Enlightened
I keep a PAL light in my shower for that very reason. Whether you are using a toilet, or in the shower, the bathroom is not a place you want to be when the power goes out and you have no light.

My girlfriend told me that sometimes she doesn't even turn on the bathroom light to use the bathroom because the PAL light is bright enough on its "find me" mode (with the shower curtain open) to see what she is doing. I have those lights scattered throughout my home so I will always know where a light is when I need one.

craig333

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the thought. Though I have a dozen lights in the bedroom, I had not one in the shower where you really don't want to be in dark. Remedied that just now.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very funny story.

Yes it's important to have an alternate source of light at all times, because we're blind in the dark.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great story.

I used to work in a building with restroom lights on timers. Got caught a couple of times, but I did learn to always carry a keychain light.

At home, I have an Ecopa ball motion-sensing light (DC), plus a Streamlight 4AA in the bathroom, so no worries there.

Last edited:

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
:toilet: LOLOL!!!! Did you're mum see you're point of view after the 'incident' ?

Totally hillarious! :toilet: