My first surefire

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, after wanting one for years now I finally made up my mind and dished out the dough, and now I have an L1 in my pocket. Been wanting this one since a year ago but something always come up, like none of the local distributors has it in stock (apparently L1 is on backorder right now).

It's quite big for a 1 cell light, although still small enough to be bearable. The twisty is not as bad as I thought, I can hold the tail cap with little finger against palm and twist the head with thumb and index finger, so it works like a minimag more or less. The two stage switch is great, control of on/off and brightness all in one, no need to click through or twist somewhere else for different brightness.

One complain I have right now is the clip, too small to clip on belt, and it's in the middle of the light so doesn't matter how you clip it almost half of the light will stick out.

I'll try to EDC it, although I quite know how yet, and see how it holds up.

umc

Enlightened
Congratulations on your first Surefire, enjoy it, they're great.

As far as the clip is concerned give Surefire a call and have them send you out a belt clip (you have a pocket clip) and see how that works for ya. It might look a little weird on there but will function well other than maybe riding on the tail cap.

Just a thought.

Oh and welcome to the sickness :)

fleegs

Enlightened
You can look into getting a Ripoffs holder for it. Search for Ripoffs and check out what they have.

I personally use a leatherman charge sheath to carry my flashlights on my belt because of the horizontal carry option.

Good luck with your new light.

Rob

greenLED

Flashaholic
One complain I have right now is the clip, too small to clip on belt, and it's in the middle of the light so doesn't matter how you clip it almost half of the light will stick out.
That's about the only thing I don't like about the smaller SF's (L1, e1). The clip on the E1B is a *huge* improvement. I hope they a offer a similar one for the L1 at some point.

In the mean time, I just drop my L1 in my pocket. Somehow it manages to stay upright in there against my wallet and I have no trouble pulling it out when needed.

Taboot

Enlightened
congrats on your 1st SF. I started with a G3 not long ago and now I've got 5 SFs. I like them all.

planex

Newly Enlightened
Congratulations on your first Surefire light. I am a big fan of their single cell lights. The biggest drawback to getting a Surefire is that now you will want more lights. Now you need to get an E1L, E1B.........:naughty:

Yoda4561

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's exactly what I'm going to do, C2+ M60 to replace my dearly departed lost L4. Question is, does anyone sell the HA version other than surefire?? I've looked around and I've seen the plain black C2 and HA C2 LED, but no HA C2. I'd like if I could get some batteries with my order but I guess I could do without. Does the C2 LED allow for regular P60 dropins to be used? That might hold me over until the malkoffs are available again.

umc

Enlightened
That's exactly what I'm going to do, C2+ M60 to replace my dearly departed lost L4. Question is, does anyone sell the HA version other than surefire?? I've looked around and I've seen the plain black C2 and HA C2 LED, but no HA C2. I'd like if I could get some batteries with my order but I guess I could do without. Does the C2 LED allow for regular P60 dropins to be used? That might hold me over until the malkoffs are available again.

I have 3 C2's, the first two were the glossy black HAII and the most recent came in last week or two weeks ago and was a HAIII from lapolicegear. They're great to do business with and had the C2 HAIII, give them a call.

tposs01

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a C2, 5-mode LED lamp and clicky tail from OpticsHQ. I am NOT disappointed. What a fantastic setup. C2 is my first SF and I prefer over my TK10. Do not get me wrong, the TK10 is a great light for the money, but it's like comparing a high-end Mercedes to a Honda Accord. The fit and finish is second to none. (FWIW, I drive an Accord). Granted total price is 2x.

I am really impressed with the lamp and tailcap from OpticsHQ. Press the tailcap for max output or press the second side button to cycle through 5 modes of varying brightness. The low mode is low enough to work in pitch black and the high is enough to BLIND. Good throw.

Only complaint some may have re: the tailcap is the natural finish is not a direct match to the SF HAIII. For me it is a non-issue. I buy my lights to use and abuse. I highly recommend the C2 AND the OpticsHQ setup if in the market for a drop-in LED.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hazard a guess that the C2 led is simply a C2 with P60L and differnt etching on it. so it should take P60 modules fine..

try on BST, thats where i got mine from... there seems to be a few around recently

Crenshaw