[Updated] PK-e.com and others Hacked

lightr07

Newly Enlightened
[FONT=&quot][Please Read!][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(I do apologize if this has been posted or covered; I've been in a long leave of absence. Check the date of my last post. I did a search with no results, so again. If this has been covered accept my apologies and delete this post.)

In ordering SF's 2008 Catalogues, I decided to head over to PK's site (PK-e.com) and rather than the normal page I was greeted by a Turkish Flag and the following text

HACKED TURKISH DEFACER'S
COZUMX & GOALKEAPER
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]FOR ÝSLAM F*** PK [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Is PK (Or anyone else who maintains / has the responsibility of keeping the site up) Know about this / Is anything being done?

The most recent Google Cache of the site (28th of April 2008) shows it to be fine. I'm not sure when this occurred

(FYI, The group that did this is a "Script Kiddie" group which generally defaces sites for the fun of it. Sometimes due to a link to the site being in a post that they found offensive to the individual(s) religious believes etc, They usually brute force attack the server via FTP (Port 21) and then upload there page and delete the existing contents. In some cases it is a good idea to contact the hosting provider to ensure that the server / account has not been compromised as well as to notify them of the intrusion to there network / data centre)

[Edit 2: Using the Google Cached Pages I verified that all the Photos, Videos and other pages are still on the server. They've just replaced the "index.html" file See: http://www.pk-e.com/SS2008-size15.html]

[Edit 3: The other site, KylaKim.com (Which I'm guessing is for his daughter.) Has also been defaced by the same hackers.]
[/FONT]​

Last edited:

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: PK-e.com Hacked

Man that's kinda creepy, hope it's not a concerted effort to pester flashlight folk. KevinL posted elsewhere that his site was hacked and he's closing it down. It'd be a shame if PK's site goes the same way because of these nimrods.

-LT

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not the first time the site has been targeted, I don't think.

Regards,
Tempest

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Turkeys... Reminds me of my online gaming days where turks is synonymous with hackers, horrible experience with them.

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hackers suck

Someone hacked PK website....:thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow
Maybe they could do something constructive like hack Al Qaeda's website
PK had great photos of all kind of cool stuff check it out sometime

http://www.pk-e.com

bitslammer

Enlightened
Re: Hackers suck

Someone hacked PK website....:thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow
Maybe they could do something constructive like hack Al Qaeda's website
PK had great photos of all kind of cool stuff check it out sometime

http://www.pk-e.com

It's probably not so much "his" website that they were after. These groups just scan whole ranges of IP addresses looking for a vulnerable webserver. Usually they target something like a known vulnerable version of IIS, Apache, PHP, My SQL or the like. Once they find one they run a script, break in, and change the pages to their liking. In some cases the entire process is automated. The real people behind it are off doing other things.