Raidfire Spear, which energizer???

Cappie

Newly Enlightened
I been trying to find out which rechargable battery from energizer would be appropriate for the RAIDFIRE SPEAR but I can't seem to find an answer,

http://www.energizer.com/products/h...ables/Pages/rechargeable-battery-charger.aspx

the page offers next to no technical information, where on earth do I have to find this magical energizer e2 litium 2400mah rechargable battery(do not want throwaway batteries as its too expensive).

thnx very much,

Cappie

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Energizer doesn't have 18650. These are cells you can find in laptop battery packs.

Citivolus

Enlightened
I personally avoid cells and chargers with "fire" in the name :poof:. AW and Tenergy work well in my experience, as does the Pila IBC charger as you are going to need one of those.

Tenergy is based in California, so they at least have some incentive to have good QC even if the cells are manufactured overseas.

AW has a few regulatory icons on his cells. I'm uncertain what the specific standards are that they are claiming compliance for, though. It could be the battery chemistry, case design, or maybe the protection circuit. I guess one could always ask him.

Regards,
Eric

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ultrafire WF-139 charger is recommended by AW.
Single 18650 with "fire" in its name works fine (unlike their RCR123), especially with "trust" at the beginning. I use old protected 18650 (real capacity about 2200mAh) for 3 years without any problems.

KRS1

Newly Enlightened
I have to agree 18650 protected from Dx are fine. I bought 10 pieces and they all work ok however i get problems with Rcr123 . The failure rate or DOA is 50%.:thumbsdow so i guess Rcr123 has no QC

Citivolus

Enlightened
Yes, those are the ones. Of course, if you need them some time this week, a local distributor will have that advantage. Out of curiosity, are import taxes that high in NL? It looks to be around $60US for 2 batteries from that dealer. Maybe I'm missing something obvious.

Edit: Oh yeah, business liability insurance. No insurer would cover me when I was looking at carrying batteries, they were all to scared of the :poof:. Australian insurance underwriters don't trust Li-ion yet. Maybe your dealer has managed to find an insurer :whistle:

(oh, I smell this thread being moved over to the batteries forum...)

Regards,
Eric

Last edited:

Cappie

Newly Enlightened
Tax is 21%, add to that shipping fees and administration fees for stuff coming through customs. I don't need them right away, am looking for a good place to buy a raidfire spear from first. And yeah the price of li-ion rechargables are about the same price as 18 carat gold over here, I think they are made from that too, it would explain the high price.

And its belgian customs that are the scroungy *******s, holland is not too bad, atleast they process poop very fast and you don't have to wait 3-4 months before they actually hand over your package.