Surefire flashlight systems vs. the uneducated elderly population

Status
Not open for further replies.

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today, I encountered this situation,which is not a good one.
Something that I must document here......

I have been using Surefire flashlight systems for some years. Lately I've decided to try out Leef Gear while stocks still last (these parts go fast and never get restocked). So early last week, I turned to Lighthound and ordered some Leef accessories, plus a few other items, namely an MC123 "Detonator" SF body extension.

I have been extensively out of town. Nonetheless, I have placed my order anyway and have it sent to my relative's place. (No problems with shipping whatsoever.) They're to fly over and visit my family in just a few days, so I asked them to secure the package and bring it to me when they arrive, which they did.

Now the problem is here. Prior to the flight these goons decided to open my package and check the contents. Still no problem to me -- it's more than welcome. But then they spotted the MC123 extension and started wondering what it has to do with "Detonator" (since "Detonator" is listed on the packing list, as well as the individual plastic bag). Then then even started to winder what "Surefire" is, (since the brand must have been referenced somewhere). WTF!!

Those folks finally gave in (barely), repacked my package, and carried on with their flight.

But guess what. Those goons ended up ratting on me a few hours after touchdown, and now my family is constantly grilling me on my "motive" (or whatever).

poop man, what else can I say?? I told them my relatives were dealing with some innocent, harmless flashlight body parts, what the hell's all that rant about??

But they wouldn't give in (yeah right, those sick, pathetic, self-righteous wimps). And more argument continues.

I have yet to get back my package, but I will tomorrow. What worries me is how the items were being repackaged -- y'know, flashlight parts are very fragile, one packing mistake can get them crushed badly... or cosmetically damaged.

Clearly, my family and relatives have no idea what the world's most reliable flashlight system really is. It saddens me... Those incompetent baboons!! But what makes me so angry is that my dumb relatives couldn't figure out what they were dealing with within short time, even with all those clues (how about the dealer, "Lighthound??"), and started saying dirty things about it -- just by looking at the brand name.

I am writing this because I feel that the reputation of a trusted brand, its product line, as well as the good work of some custom lightsmiths can be so easily bad-mouthed and jeopardized by some old conservative naive eldery freaks. I'm surprised that a brand such as Surefire is unknown to such people (I wonder what flashlight systems they turn to during emergency situations... standard-issue M@g!??). Absolutely pathetic!!

If your family has elderly peers who are conservative, self-righteous, (arrogant), thick-skinned hard-headed and have no idea what a powerful flashlight really is, PLEASE, educate them. Make them understand what they are dealing with, make them refrain from senseless criticism based on superficial facts.

Otherwise, maybe it's a better idea to keep all SF lights out of their sights -- and leave them in the dark when it comes to emergency.

If a person disgraces a useful tool based on no grounds, that person should not be granted such tool when he/she needs it the most. And this not only applies to the flashlight world.

lyrrag

Newly Enlightened
Wow that is insane, how is a fancy hollow part dangerous?

Mach1

Newly Enlightened
Hey, those uneducated goons are YOUR relatives. You're lucky they didn't call the F.B.I.

Seriously. What do you expect a non-technically oriented person to think of something listed as a detonator? Maybe your relatives think you're a liberal eco-terrorist getting ready to blow up a Hummer dealership.

Next week: Goon socialization in baboon families.

It your fault. Get yourself a private P.O. box at the UPS store.

Last edited:

Empath

Flashaholic
I'm sure you could have discussed your situation with a bit more civility and respect than you have. A rewrite or edit would likely be in order. As is, it's patently offensive and disrespectful.

BSBG

Enlightened
Is there a point to this post?

I mean, the original post. This post has no point other than to question the point of the first post.

mighty82

Enlightened
"those sick, pathetic, self-righteous wimps"
"incompetent baboons"
"naive eldery freaks"

I think you are the idiot here, when you are talking like that about your relatives. How the **** could they know what surefire is? Far less than 1% of the worlds population know's what surefire is. It's just a company making flashlights, it's not even a big company!! And yes, most people will turn to a "standard-issue M@g". What's pathetic about that? It's one of the most recognized, if not THE most recognized flashlight brand in the world. 99% of the worlds population doesn't care what flashlight they are holding, as long as there is light coming out of it! And do you think surefire is the only company making reliable flashlights?

Last edited:

Mach1

Newly Enlightened
The yazkaz family:

baboons.JPG

Marduke

Flashaholic
What I find most disturbing about the whole post is the "elitist" attitude towards a singular company which most people have never even heard of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts