My dog is going to be aPet Therapy Dog!

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hadley Sue and I are going to be Pet Therapy Dogs !

I have alreay taken the 8 hr class, and had her temperamnent testing (so she doesn't freak out when a person with a walker comes up to her) and had her checkup, and now I have to go to one official visit without my dog, then we get to go!

(THis is a continuation of the dog topic on another thread. )

ygbsm

Enlightened
Congratulations -- One of my friend's has a Lab who is a therapy dog. They go to the local hospital and help out. After 9-11 they also went to the family center in NY and helped with the children there. It's very rewarding for both the people who meet the dogs and for the dogs themselves -- and the canine good-citizen test is not the easiest thing in the world for friendly dogs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Oh, good thing I read this...I thought you were talking about being a "Pet Psychic".../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I know a fellow who took his cat to a "pet psychic"...poor cat has issues! -- "Alrighty now!" -- I think they have the cat on some "happy pills", then again, maybe that's how he's keeping his own pill bottle filled?!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I had a pet therapy dog; I asked him one day if he ever got tired of listening to all the humans talk about their problems, and he said;
"who listens?"

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
geepondy,

HAve you ever seen a dog "in the zone"? Chasing a squirl or cat or motor bike?

They do not need humans! They are focused. Now, when the chase is over, they look around, hey, where'd everyone go . . .?

Ted,
Rimshot please!

BadumpDump!