Maglite survives Shuttle Disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blikbok

Enlightened
Oddly, I want more details. Would it be disrespectful for Mag to use this as an advertising campaign? What if they waited an appropriate amount of time?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
and it only still works if it has a drop-in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i doubt a incandesant bulb (a mag one at that) can take a higher-than-cloud drop /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd consider it as "surviving" and "working" if it immediately lit up after a bulb and battery change.

-Keith

dougmccoy

Enlightened
IMHO and with no disrespect to anyone here I do find the talk about whether or not the Maglite in question worked or did not a bit disturbing?
Although I'm not privy to the equipment itinary carried on shuttle's I suspect that this light belonged to one of the crew and as such was personal property. In this situation surely it is insensitive and unnecessary for any of us on this forum to know the answer to that question?

I am a great believer in a company (any company) exploiting the virtues of their products but would find any advertising which 'cashed in' on this particular tragedy repugnant! I'm sorry but I find this topic a little off base?

Respectfully

Doug McCoy

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quite frankly, I think Mag needs to be lynched if they tried to capitalize out of this tragedy.

It would be a complete disgrace to the families of the shuttle crew.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
firstly, i think its more likely that if mag would make a donation as they seem to be quite charitable, whether their intentions are true or not. secondly, why are we slamming maglite for something they haven't done yet? relax guys...

dougmccoy

Enlightened
Chamenos

I wasn't flaming Maglite or singling them out,I was just making a point that this particular topic IMHO is not worthy of discussion by this forum and that, God forbid, any friends or family of the deceased crew should read or become aware of this thread I beleve they would be deeply offended!
I am not worried about a company (any company) trying to promote their product/products, but the suggestion that anyone could use the Shuttle disaster as a means to illustrate anything positive about any product is I am sure offensive to most of the members of CPF

In the circumstances I believe this thread should be closed by the moderators? I hope that others here would join me in this request?

Doug

Gandalf

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
FalconFX said:
Quite frankly, I think Mag needs to be lynched if they tried to capitalize out of this tragedy.

It would be a complete disgrace to the families of the shuttle crew.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more. And since Maglite has a (presumably) reasonably intellignent Marketing Dept. I highly doubt we'll be seeing any ads fpr the 'Flashlight that survived the shuttle disaster'. At least, I sincerely hope this is the case... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
doug, i wasn't referring to you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif no offence intended!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i think mag should be lynched as it is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

btw, you'd think nasa could have given the astros an arc or sf.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Blikbok

Enlightened
Doug McCoy:

Please calm down. There is no need to advocate censorship over speculation.

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't find this thread offensive at all. The truth is the truth, and I am always surprised to see people offended by truth.

I am curious as to whether it still works as well. I'd like to see a picture of it. I am really surprised that anything survived the accident. I was up that morning, and heard the remains of it crashing down all around me here, and I was shocked when I learned what I heard was the orbiter breaking up. I thought that an accident like that would have resulted in everything being incinerated, and any pieces left, unrecognizable.

Status
Not open for further replies.