• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Unique Light: milkyspit X-800

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Due to another project I need to sell off one of my all time favorites- my milkyspit x-800 (Chrononster II). Mint condition.

It was a light that he built with goals that are common to mine: a very useful, bright spill beam for use outdoors.

There are quite a few ingenious ideas in this light. It started off as a standard C-series maglite. The body was reduced in size to around 1.5C. To put it in perspective, it is nearly the same size as a Surefire M3T. The head was tapered. Then the body was coated in black HA. It looks and feels great and should be pretty hardy for outdoor work. He also used a novel (to flashlights) power source- more on that in a moment.

The light sports 4xSSCP4 USW0H emitters mounted to an aluminum heatsink. Each emitter is wired to a separate circuit board- this provides four-way redundancy. Should one board go bad while in the bush, the other three will continue to work! The light is setup to push out around 800 lumens in full regulation, as well. There are 4xIMS 20mm reflectors (smooth) so it puts out a great combination of throw and spill.

Another interesting twist- the power supply. It uses a cell that is typically used in RC devices and new tool kits- A123 nanophosphate cells. They can support a draw of up to 30C (!) and are safe... no venting. They also take around 20 minutes to fully charge. milkyspit included a prototype battery charger, able to charge two cells simultaneously. One cell provides around 45 minutes of 800 lumens in full regulation. They can be recharged ad nauseum, shot, cut in half, etc. without fear of venting.

The output is simply stunning. Trust me- this has a great balance of throw and spill. It seems to out-throw my old Surefire 10x Dominator.

From milkyspit: "The X800 builds also seek to balance high output with better throw than has been typical in the past of multi-emitter LED flashlights... one example: the X800 can slightly outthrow a 7-emitter X1400 light even though the X1400 generates nearly double the number of lumens.

There are some minor touches, too, to make things as robust as possible... the lens is mineral glass for structural rigidity and excellent scratch resistance... the reflectors are plastic-backed (the reflective surface is a clearcoated aluminum layer) and each have three legs so any shock of a frontal impact will be dampened by flexure of the plastic, then directed through the legs and away from the emitters themselves... the wiring is teflon-jacketed and multi-stranded silverplated copper throughout... kapton insulative tape with silicone adhesive is used at various contact points for extra protection against shorts, even in a high-temperature situation (which should never happen anyway in the light, but just in case)... the tailspring in the battery compartment is designed to afford reverse polarity protection as a failsafe in the event the A123Sys cell is installed backwards. None of these things makes the X800 invulnerable, but hopefully they do afford it that extra measure of protection from the bumps and drops it's likely to see in real-world use."

I'll let this go for US$415.00, USPS Priority Mail (uninsured) included to US addresses. Insurance is charged at cost, and recommended, as I am not responsible for the light once it leaves my hands. Overseas is fine, but you pay shipping at cost and I do not have any responsibility for the light once it leaves my hands. There will be no price drops- if this doesn't sell, it goes back into my safe until I can use it again. This price is well below what I've invested in the light, and you could not have milkyspit build an identical one for anywhere near this price.

First "I'll take it" here in this thread wins. If I don't hear from the winner within 12 hours I reserve the right to r offer the light to the next in line or re-post the light for sale. I am out of town on business, but will ship the light Thursday morning.

This includes the light, the original HA Black bezel, the stainless steel strike bezel you see below, 2 A123 cells (enough to run 800 lumens for 1.5 hours...), the custom A123 charger, and the stainless steel Leefring lanyard loop.

Thanks for your consideration!:twothumbs

If this doesn't sell by tomorrow night, I will offer it on other boards I belong to.

dscn2915og0.jpg

dscn2862fa5.jpg

dscn3013mb5.jpg

Last edited:

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Unique Light: milkyspit X-800

Does the revolver come with it?

wolverine1

Newly Enlightened
Re: SPF: Unique Light: milkyspit X-800

Jim,

I just sent the funds through PayPal. I included extra for insurance.

Thanks Again,

Rick

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: SPF: Unique Light: milkyspit X-800

Rick,

I got it and will make an adjustment.

Thanks!!!:twothumbs

donn_

Flashaholic
You'll love this light, Rick. I have its 2-cell sister, and it's a wonderful light.

You'll also be dazzled by the speed of recharging the A123 cells on the JoeCharger.