TERRIBLE week

Groundhog66

Banned
This has been a week I wish I could have skipped all together, too much stress. It started last weekend on Saturday.......I received a call from my wife, she had taken her car to the full service car wash near our house. She told me there was a problem, they had damaged our Grand Cherokee. So I took a ride up to see what had happened, this is what I saw...

DSC02197.jpg

DSC02198.jpg

Turns out, after the worker pulled our vehicle into the wash, he exited the vehicle to help with the vehicle behind ours. Unfortunately, he neglected to shut the door. When the machine started, it moved up the side of the Jeep taking the drivers door with it. It took me 4 days to finally get them to spring for a rental.

Progress forward 1 week, I had a friend over for a nice BBQ. We enjoyed the day.....did some yardwork, drank some beers, grilled some meat while watching TV outside. Day turned to night, many beers had been consumed. I was lying on a lounge chair next to my fire pit whit my dogs.......I hear my car start and pull away. Now I am pissed, because this person was told NOT TO LEAVE THE HOUSE. Approximately 30 minutes later, my dogs are barking at someone at the front door. As I go in the house and answer the door, I am greeted by my city's finest. Long story short, this is how the story ended........

DSC02241.jpg

THANK GOD this was a single vehicle accident involving a light pole, it could have been horrendous. This was my back-up vehicle, I only had liability insurance so it is a total loss.

Here is to better times in my near future........I can only hope.

Tim

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, damn, that's indeed a bad week! I hope you got the car wash and the guy to pay for the damage they caused. :eek:

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is that Hutch's Car Wash by any chance? It sucks to see what happened. There are some things you just don't do in this world... and one of them is to mess with another's car.:sick2:

Supernam

Enlightened
Man, that sucks. Does the carwash assume full responsibility and the subsequent repair? Your BBQ guest drove YOUR car off and crashed it? Does he assume full responsibility and costs of repair also?

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
And your BBQ guest doesn't have his own liability car insurance to cover this, right? Irresponsibility of some people (and businesses) is real annoying. Sympathies, as I'm also a believer in the "low end but reliable" car and "liability only" car insurance principles...

I'd also make it a point to clarify to my "friend" that without compensation, it's over, period, and for good...

Last edited:

Groundhog66

Banned
The car wash is taking care of my Jeep, no problems on that front. This latest case of irresponsibility has me quite worried, I am not looking forward to how this is going to shake out. I can see myself getting canceled by my insurance co, not a good thing. I just need to get out of this funk........:candle:

DoubleDutch

Enlightened
The Netherlands - one foot below sea level
Groundhog,

You would wish, his voices had told him to stop...

But seriously, that's a bit too much bad luck for one week. I hope it works out for you, but it will be quite a hassle anyway. Liability debates play havoc with friendships :(

Kees

Last edited:

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear about your terrible week. IMO this is a good reason to avoid commercial car washes and drinking. I do my best to stay away from both. Hopefully your "friend" will man up and do the right thing and replace your Neon.

24thMED

Newly Enlightened
Damn... I thought stuff like that only happened to me... if I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all...

It can only get better from here, right...

Hang in there...

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just grab your two favorite lights and click your heels together three times...

Hang in there!