IncenDio issue

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
I haven't seen anyone else post about this so maybe its just "normal". Figured I'd post this here and see if my light has an issue or if I'm being too picky.

This isn't really a "bad" thing as of now. Just want to make sure its not going to become something later on.

When I put my light on the lowest setting, the light flickers a bit. Very random not pulsing or doing the light "buzz" that some LEDs do.

Anyway, is this common?

BTW, using Titanium primaries and tried switching to a new Tenergy just to see. Same on both batteries.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I mostly use my Incendio at low level but have not noted what you describe. I normally use it with an RCR123.

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
I mostly use my Incendio at low level but have not noted what you describe. I normally use it with an RCR123.

As stated before. I just use a titanium primary cell and it does this ONLY on low. I use mine on low mostly too but occasionally I use the other levels and it does not do it on those.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
In case the flickering had something to do with the battery voltage it would probably do that at high level and not at the lowest one.

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
In case the flickering had something to do with the battery voltage it would probably do that at high level and not at the lowest one.

My knowledge of the way LEDs work is limited so I just had figured it had something to do with the way the light took the voltage way down and it was causing the light to flicker.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Incendio has a digital control circuit that is current controlled for the lower modes, so there is no PWM flicker. I assume that you were considering PWM as a cause for flickering.

Because it is very easy to do it I suggest you clean with some alcohol the positive contact in the head and the top of the spring in the body. A good cleaning has never damaged a flashlight, quite the contrary in many cases.....:D

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
I cleaned the contact points with an alcohol dipped q-tip. Took to work last night and got the same problem.

Not sure what else it could be.

Ninjaz7

Enlightened
Never had an issue like that ...mine works as supposed to...maybe a manufactor issue,gl.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I cleaned the contact points with an alcohol dipped q-tip. Took to work last night and got the same problem.

Not sure what else it could be.

I suggest that you contact the seller and inform them of this problem. IMO the flashlight should be replaced.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Warning: Mildly Off Topic Post.

My concern with mine is that I can't find it at the moment!

Said soon afterward in quiet church:
HAS ANYONE SEEN MY INCENDIO!?!?!? No, not the INFERNO of Hell, my INCENDIO hand held.

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
I purchased the light from BatteryJunction, pretty much where I buy all my stuff.

I'll try emailing them tomorrow if I get a chance and see what they say.

I went for a walk tonight and used it in low the entire time. Very noticeable "surging" at times. Sometimes it brightens, other times it dims.