Acebeam        

Thread: have L2D Q5 with OP reflector, should I get the L1D with smooth reflector?

Default have L2D Q5 with OP reflector, should I get the L1D with smooth reflector?

I wanted to order the L1D Q5 with OP reflector, but fenix store is out of them at the moment. Should I go for the smooth reflector, or wait until they have the OP reflector in stock again?

Would it make a nice contrast to my L2D Q5 with OP reflector?

What do fellow Fenix light owners think?
    Mini split rings for attaching lanyard trick. D10 DIY diffuser trick.

Default Re: have L2D Q5 with OP reflector, should I get the L1D with smooth reflector?

In true CPF form, you could always get both; but for the sake of sensibility, what about just the L1D body/tailcap and use your L2D head? And then you can get a couple extra EO1s.

Default Re: have L2D Q5 with OP reflector, should I get the L1D with smooth reflector?

LOL chibato yes it would be nice to have a OP head and a smooth head.

I just want to have a complete back up so in case the head gets damaged I won't be without a usable L1D or L2D, and Fenix Store doesn't sell the spare heads anyway, so it's more sensible to order the entire thing.

PS - I am going to order several E01s, one as back up for myself and a few others as gifts.
    Mini split rings for attaching lanyard trick. D10 DIY diffuser trick.

I own two P1Ds, one smooth reflector and one OP, and can say definitively that the difference between the two is negligible. The OP has a slightly smoother transition between the hotspot and corona (but still has the signature Cree "donut"), but it's difficult to tell which is which even side-by-side, especially outdoors/long distance. Different reflectors only make a notable difference in flashlights with larger/deeper reflector areas.