Brinkmann xenon lamp for Mini Mag-Lite 2AA ?

Velcro

Enlightened
Hi,

I'm thinking about getting a Brinkmann xenon NextStar lamp for my Mini Mag-Lite 2AA after reading positive comment about it.

However, I couldn't find any info on spare 2AA NextStar lamps on the Brinkmann website.
Do they even sell spares, or do you have to buy a complete 2AA NextStar flashlight just to get one?

And is the drain on the batteries the same as with the standard Mag Instrument lamp?

Thanks for any info.
smile.gif

Greetings,
Velcro

kb0rrg

Enlightened
I have this bulb too in my mini-mag. It is brighter, whiter and has a smoother, tighter pattern than the regular bulbs. I am going to order more soon. I don't know first hand what the effects are on the run time, but I am sure Brock is right. I have measured the current draw and it is greater. I don't recall the numbers. (I'm sure Brock's numbers are similar to mine). Higher current always equals shorter run time with all things being equal.

Velcro

Enlightened
Thanks for the info guys. And Brock, thanks for the URL! I couldn't find them myself.

Just one question left. The picture of the URL shows three pairs, each with a different color. Which is which?

Greetings,
Velcro

kb0rrg

Enlightened
I just called their sales department, told them what I wanted and they sent it to me. They sent me two mini-mag bulbs in a box about the size of a shoe box. I found this ammusing
shocked.gif

Brock

Flashaholic
I don't know why they show them in three differnt colors. I ordered mine right off that page. Mine came in a huge box also, it was pretty funny.

Brock

Velcro

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brock:
I don't know why they show them in three differnt colors. I ordered mine right off that page. Mine came in a huge box also, it was pretty funny.

Brock
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, thanks.

Greetings,
Velcro

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like the pair on the left are slightly smaller than the other two pairs. Maybe they are for the AAA lights?

Brock

Flashaholic
I think what they do is take one picture of say the AA and AAA lamps, the single AA lamps and the 2 C lamps. Then they use the same image in all three pages on their site. The 2 AA and 2 AAA are actually the same lamp.

Brock