LOL I think I'm turning my daughter into a Flashasholic

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 5 year old daughter who is a real daddy's girl. I collect model cars, so when she was little, she started collecting toy cars instead of dolls and bears.

Now that I've started to collect flashlights, she's getting into the hobby almost as serious as I have. She's gotten from me a couple of shaker LED flashlights and a rechargeable Energizer emergency LED light.

She was taking a nap on Saturday when I went into check on her. She was sleeping soundly, with her shaker flashlight tightly wrapped in her hand. Reminded me of myself with my L2D Q5... :whistle::sssh:

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a pediatrician. Getting your daughter hooked on flashlights sounds like child abuse to me. You need to be reported. :wave:

wmirag

Enlightened
My girls are older now and I can tell you that they drop the "guy stuff" pretty quick. Enjoy EVERY SECOND of that little one's childhood. God bless you both.

W.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I know i am.My twin girls wont go to bed without there lights.I think it's the coolest thing in the world.You can probably guess what there mother thinks:D

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
I cannot imagine the number of flashlights she'll accumulate over her life if she truly becomes a flashaholic.

It'll be funny to see flashaholics documenting their flashlights in their wills. "Johnny will inherit my 50 Surefire, and 30 custom flashlights."

Zeige

Enlightened
My daughter also, she is 8. Every night she picks a different light off my desk to walk to bed and get tucked in :). She also has a collection of about 7 lights so far next to her bed. :twothumbs

Next thing Ill know, she will be posting threads .....

kramer5150

Flashaholic
My kids really enjoy flashlights. We play " hot spot tag" on the ceiling with our lights, my son and I read bed time stories by flashlight, both my kids bathe with waterproof lights, using them as bath toys and the bathroom lights off. My son and I take night-hikes in the spring months. We go out late at night into the open fields and look for critters and bats over head.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
My almost 4 yr old daughter loves her PT20 with led drop in for tub duty! She also has a pink MJled 2AA that she uses for general duty every single night. She also loves to play with cheapie fauxtons in different color leds.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want to play with your kids using a flashlight, try doing hand shadows on the wall. They will love it! I make birds fly, rabbits wiggle their ears, etc and my grandchildren get a big kick out of it.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 5 year old son is a jr. flashaholic also. He's after me for new lights to add to his collection all the time. Below is his collection so far. The one that never leaves his sight is the Surefire. He eats, sleeps, plays, bathes, and everything else with that light. It's a 24/7 edc...

His collection so far...He used to have a RiverRock 1aa 1 watt also, but it died.

1. Smattering of keychain's 2. Energizer Hard Case Cree 3. 2008 KX2 Running on 1 x AW Protected rcr123a 4. Energizer 1 Watt
Matthew.jpg

Citivolus

Enlightened
I almost questioned the wisdom of giving a child a 2x CR123A light, until I read:

3. 2008 KX2 Running on 1 x AW Protected rcr123a

:) Smart move.

My daughter has been dragging my lights off to bed with her since she was 18 months. :whistle: She's doomed. She knows the big ones are off limits, but when I'm showing her the collection, she has a way of working her way up the ranks until she has my best light. :duh2:

Regards,
Eric

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Honest... to god truth...

One time I took a day off work. I had $35 burning a hole in my pocket, so I took my son to Chuck-E- Cheeze intending to spend the afternoon eating pizza and playing video games. For some strange reason... my 5 Y/O son wouldn't set foot in the place, I was like...HUH? :thinking: Hmmm OK.

"Daddy Lets go to Frys and Target and buy flashlights instead!!"... WOOHOO!!! Atta Boy!!

We walked home that day with some Nuwai lights.. Energizer and River Rock AA lights to add to our collections, and he bought a gravity marble-toy from Frys.

Heres a shocker... kids still play with marbles. :twothumbs

TECENG

Newly Enlightened
Honest... to god truth...

One time I took a day off work. I had $35 burning a hole in my pocket, so I took my son to Chuck-E- Cheeze intending to spend the afternoon eating pizza and playing video games. For some strange reason... my 5 Y/O son wouldn't set foot in the place, I was like...HUH? :thinking: Hmmm OK.

"Daddy Lets go to Frys and Target and buy flashlights instead!!"... WOOHOO!!! Atta Boy!!

We walked home that day with some Nuwai lights.. Energizer and River Rock AA lights to add to our collections, and he bought a gravity marble-toy from Frys.

Heres a shocker... kids still play with marbles. :twothumbs

Can I adopt your son? :p