Looking For Adjustable Flashlight That Goes Under 1 Lumen

Rossymeister

Enlightened
Hello,Im New Here!

Im Currently Looking For An Adjustable LED Flashlight, That Can Go Under 1 Lumen. Requirements Are As Follows:

-Uses 1 AA or AAA
-Can Be Had For Under A Hundred Dollars
-Type II or III Anodizing Is A MUST
-Has A Smooth Beam (No Rough Transitions)
-Either Twist Or Forward Clicky

I Currently Own A Novatac 120P,And This Light Is Surperb...I Also Have Looked At The Photon/Pro.

Are There Any Other Options?

Thanks For Your Help And Time.:D

-Aaron

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow 1 Lumen is pretty tough. The Jet-I IBS (1AA) can go as low as 2 lumens I believe. The NDI around the same I believe.

Any reason it has to be below 1 lumen? Would 2 be good enough?

Rossymeister

Enlightened
The Nitecore Defender Infinity Looks Pretty Interesting.

Are The Lumen Measurements Of This Light Pretty Accurate?

Thanks Very Much For Your Replies.

-Aaron

Last edited:

iTorch

Newly Enlightened
Seems like with the 120P you already have the option you want, can go as low as .008 lumens, does not use AA though, however with rechargers and aNano charger you have guilt free lumens...plus with really low settings it probably going to be WEEKS at 24/7 on before you drain a singe battery...

Rossymeister

Enlightened
Yeah,I Guess That Is My Only Option For Now.

Im Headed Over To Fenix Store To Pick Up Some AW RCR123s And A Charger

Thanks To The People That Replied To This Thread.

-Aaron

umc

Enlightened
Except for battery type and price:whistle:

Your light is the Surefire Kroma:

Output/Runtimes:
White high: 50 lumens / 1.5 hrs
White low: 1.4 lumens / 20 hrs
Blue high: 3.4 lumens / 8 hrs
Blue low: .48 lumens / 80 hrs
Red high: 6.3 lumens / 8 hrs
Red low: .52 lumens / 80 hrs

I love mine and it sits on my nightstand and is used for the multiple times that I'm up throughout the night. Well worth the money and as far as batteries go, they last a very long time when when using blue low like I do.

bexamous

Newly Enlightened
Liteflux LF2/LF2X go down to 0.2% PWM. With a NiMH battery that is 0.2% at 350ma. 10440 is 700ma.

If Q5 LED is ~110lumens at 350ma... maybe 90lumens out the front? (I dunno)... 0.2% would be .18lumens

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Liteflux's, Novatac, and the Proton Pro are some that may be close.

Rossymeister

Enlightened
How low do the Liteflux lights go?

If they go low enough, the LF2(Cree or Seoul) or LF2X might be a good choice.

Now These Lights Are Pretty Cool. A Single AAA Battery,User Defined Levels,And Only 45 Dollars. I Especially Like The Tints And Beam Profile Of The Cree Emitters.

Im Going To Go Look Up Some Reviews On These.

Liteflux LF2/LF2X go down to 0.2% PWM. With a NiMH battery that is 0.2% at 350ma. 10440 is 700ma.

If Q5 LED is ~110lumens at 350ma... maybe 90lumens out the front? (I dunno)... 0.2% would be .18lumens

Wow,If They Can Go That Low,Then This Is Exactly What I Am Looking For!

Thanks Again For Everyones Help

-Aaron

Last edited:

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi ~Decide~, welcome to CPF.
One light which is very different, much less capable and adjustable, but less expensive ~$17, is a PalLite. This would only be a good choice if you want to use the light mostly [or only] as a 1 lumen light source. It is a led light that uses a 9v [smoke detector] battery, and has a very very low "find me" mode, along with an "on" mode that isn't all that bright by todays standards. Look at FlashlightReviews.com for a review. They have a few different models, some of which are multi-level, none of which are very bright, but all have great runtime, all can drain the last few bits of energy out of a 9v, and all have the very useful "find me" mode. Makes it easy to find in a backpack or toolbox.

Like I said, this may be good if you are looking to use the light as a very very low lumen light source and don't have a need for it to get a lot brighter. Runtime in "find me" mode is two years on an alkaline battery.

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
LF2 or LF2x is the best chocie for what you want. You can program your P1 to be hte lowest setting, and the P2 to be the highest setting within your preferred runtime constraint. Then forget about the other featrues after that an you have a perfectly tailored two-stage light.

BTW I use the 0.2% on 10440 (so about 0.4 lumens or so) and absolutely love it -- in a truly dark environment it's more than enough. A AAA will run for well over a week at that output, too, which is longer than I'd expect any power outage to go.

Check out the link in my signature for comparisons of the beam angles on all variations of the LF2 so you can pick the one that is best for you.

Rossymeister

Enlightened
2xTrinity,Thanks For The Comparison Shots.

Judging By The Beam Profile In The Photos,I Believe That I Will Go With The Cree Version. This Truly Is An Impressive Light.

Thanks Again Everyone

-Aaron

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep - the LF2X is a really cool little light that you can configure just how you want it. It is one of my favorites.

precisionworks

Flashaholic
Streamlight states that the Stylus output is 4.3 L in white. IMO, the output of the Stylus seems less than claimed. My E1B on low setting is 5 L, the Stylus can't be much more than half of that. Sand the Stylus LED or spray with matte clearcoat & you may be able to go under 1 L.

Rossymeister

Enlightened
I Think I Will End Up Getting Both.

As The Ole` Saying Goes ''One Can Never Have Too Many Lights''

Thanks Again

-Aaron

Rossymeister

Enlightened
LRI Proton / Proton Pro?

It Would Be Awesome If They Put The Switch On The Tailcap Instead Of The Body. The Combination Cree With Red LED Is A Priceless Feature. But Seeing That Switch On the Side Of The Body Just Makes Me Cringe.

-Aaron