L6/KL6 owners: Do you still like yours?

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered a KL6 head for my M3/M4/M6 lights from one of the many fine websites I go to thanks to CPF (never thought I would still be able to find one!) and wanted to know if you L6/KL6 owners like them still. Is the KL6 any brighter when using it with the M4 or the M6? I have an L4 and a U2, so I am familiar with the Lux V, I am just hoping the deep reflector will help get the most throw out of the Lux V, which seems to be built for flood. How long is the runtime with the M4 or the M6? Thanks very much for any info. :)

donn_

Flashaholic
I've got 3 KL6 heads; a stocker, one with a K2TFFC emitter, and one with a P7 emitter.

As might be expected, each is magnitudes brighter than the previous one.

Of mine, the best for raw throw is the K2T, the best for overall output is the P7, and the best for runtime is the stocker...all operating on the same cells.

ConfederateScott

Enlightened
I got one and I love it. I usused to keep it on my M6 body but I recently bought a tower module for the M6. Now I keep the KL6 on my M4. It's my favorite LED head for all around hunting/camping/hiking. I love the way it throws a big round circle.

Paladin

Enlightened
I have three KL6 heads on hand. Out where the boot leather meets the trail the stock 100 lumens and reflector provide an easy 100 yards or greater ID of nocturnal critters. I have one KL6 that stays on a M972 weapon light chassis, and often run one on a Leef 2x18650 body.

IIRC running on 2x18650 tailcap current was aroung 500 mA. On 2x17500 tailcap current from two examples was 530 mA and 520 mA. I'm pretty sure running on four 123 primaries they drew a mere 250 mA. I have no plans to retire, replace, or modify any of mine.

Paladin

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
I've got 3 KL6 heads; a stocker, one with a K2TFFC emitter, and one with a P7 emitter.

As might be expected, each is magnitudes brighter than the previous one.

Of mine, the best for raw throw is the K2T, the best for overall output is the P7, and the best for runtime is the stocker...all operating on the same cells.

Did you use the stock board with the P7? I'm considering putting one in my L6.

Thanks,
Flavio