Ashamed of Aloha

soloco

Enlightened
I must apologize for my Hawaii State House of Representatives for a resolution that was just passed. It basically says that the US should show Saddam 'ALOHA' so that he will be motivated to show it back. What a load of CRAP! I am so ashamed of what has happened.

I know this isn't the right forum, but this is my favorite website. I didn't know where else to vent.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
soloco said:
I must apologize for my Hawaii State House of Representatives for a resolution that was just passed. It basically says that the US should show Saddam 'ALOHA' so that he will be motivated to show it back. What a load of CRAP! I am so ashamed of what has happened.

I know this isn't the right forum, but this is my favorite website. I didn't know where else to vent.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your sig line suggests that you get Michael Savage talk radio over there. Right? :O

soloco

Enlightened
Yes sir.
My Day=
10am - Rush Limbaugh
1pm - Rusty Humphries
2pm - Glenn Beck
4pm - Sean Hannity
6pm - Michael Savage

It's all I can do to keep me sane.

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Yes, I sometimes feel the same way. I do listen quite a bit to Sean Hannity...

Well, I happen to LOVE the Hawaiian culture, and I have much more confidence in the state of Hawaii now that I know Mr. Bulk is there, as well as you soloco. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Jim

soloco

Enlightened
Thanks for the support guys. Lingle's having a tought time. There is no cooperation at all. Talk about party politics. It's bad out here. I was planning on meeting Mr. Bulk, but I have my first baby on the way (any day now!), so I've been a little busy.

Jim: Have you tried Savage? He's amazing.

~Jerry

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
Hi soloco...

Haven't gotten too much of Michael Savage lately... been REALLY busy with my little girl. Something you really have to look forward to - no /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif and barely enough time for anything else /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Congratulations, by the way -

-Jim

soloco

Enlightened
THAT'S who she is! I stumbled upon her show one night. But she conflicts with Savage. I'll definitely listen if there is a fill-in for Michael Savage.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
soloco said:
I must apologize for my Hawaii State House of Representatives for a resolution that was just passed.... .I know this isn't the right forum, but this is my favorite website. I didn't know where else to vent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Soloco,

The CAFE is the perfect forum for your post.

I'm not familiar with the resolution you mentioned. Would you mind describing it for me?

Thanks,
Brightnorm

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Soloco,

Perhaps the state of Hawaii could put Saddam up for a weekend on Kaho`olawe and then the island could revert for the weekend back to its former use. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

In my simple minded opinion, Saddam can learn Aloha the next time around.

Relatively speaking, it IS a cheap shot.......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

- Don

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hawaii must like "misguided" leaders. Wasn't Ferdinand Marcos "exiled" in Hawaii when he was booted out of his own country?

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
brightnorm said:
I'm not familiar with the resolution you mentioned. Would you mind describing it for me?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not familiar with it either- wonder if it might be due in part to indignance about the way Hawaii came to be part of the United States, which apparently wasn't an amiable process.

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
V8TOYOTATRK said:
Do you get Tom Leykis in Hawaii?

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif Leykis rocks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif I can't wait to get back to California.

PeterM

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
soloco said:
Yes sir.
My Day=
10am - Rush Limbaugh
1pm - Rusty Humphries
2pm - Glenn Beck
4pm - Sean Hannity
6pm - Michael Savage

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't doubt it!
Eight hours a day of mis/disinformation, half-truths, NRC propaganda, and generally ignorant bloviation is not very conducive to good mental health or the ability to rationally analyze the activities of our government.

Regarding the Hawaiian resolution: Yeah, pretty silly and meaningless, I agree. But not exactly seditious or anything. Unless, of course, you agree with the above blowhards that anyone outside of Bush's Amen corner is guilty of treason and should be shot.

But I will give Kudos to Hawaii for being the only state with enough ba**s to formally reject the provisions of the Nazi wet dream document known as the "Patriot Act".

A breif excerpt:

Kavan Peterson - Stateline.org - Apr 03, 2003 -- HONOLULU -- Hawaii's Legislature is debating a nonbinding resolution that condemns sweeping new federal powers to fight terrorism and urges state and local officials to avoid any actions that threaten the civil rights of the state's ethnically diverse residents.
The resolution has passed the state House. If the state Senate passes it, which sponsors say is likely, Hawaii will become the first state to go on record against provisions of the 2001 USA Patriot Act and the 2002 Homeland Security Act. Both statutes expand federal powers to spy on U.S. citizens and curb traditional court oversight of such activities.

Full Article:

http://www.govtech.net/news/news.phtml?docid=2003.04.03-45635

For those with authoritarian tendencies who think the Patriot Act is just fine and will never cause them any grief, you'll be happy to know there's a sequel in the wings. Of course, our Minister of Injustice, John "Bin" Ashcroft denied it's existence until it was leaked.

For info on this nazi wet dream, go to:
http://www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=15541

I can already hear cries of "LIBERAL MEDIA, LIBERAL MEDIA" from those who haven't or won't take the time to read the original draft linked to in the article. Of course, "liberal media" being a convenient smear on any media that doesn't toady to this administration's more facist tendencies, please disprove the facts before dismissing them as "liberal" propaganda.

Otherwise, you can wait for the pig man and his radio right-wingers to misinform you as to how only terrorists and non-citizens will be affected. That saves a lot of thinking and makes things real simple, black & white, good & evil. See? Everything has been pre-digested for you and your headache is going away already.

For those truly interested in learning more about the REAL threat to our democracy, a serious analysis of P.A.I can be found at:

http://www.rutherford.org/documents/pdf/tri_analysis_of_usa_pat_act.pdf

This is 44 pages, but don't worry, the print is pretty large and a few pages are the table of contents, etc.

Of course, our Ministry of Injustice reserves the right to exempt itself from oversight, and stonewall any attempt by Congress to verify that they are using the P.A. in a proper manner.

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?Page=/Nation/archive/200304/NAT20030403b.html

I seem to have wandered off topic here. So, I'll say it again. No matter how silly the "Aloha" resolution may be, it is more than offset by the Hawaiian Legislature's courage in standing up to those who would grant Bin Laden the victory of seeing us frightened out of the freedoms our forebears died for. Patriot Act I and especially P.A. II would do the Stasi proud. Thank you, Hawaii, for resisting it.

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Easy turbo... we're just making light of fanciful politics. Conspiracy.com is that way --->

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif