Aerial Video from my RC Helicopter

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently bought a Flycamone V2 and put it on my Logo 10 RC Helicopter for a flight this past Sunday. :grin2:

See the video on Vimeo here. You can also download the original source video from Vimeo if you login.

I still have to experiment to see how I can reduce the vibrations that accounts for the waviness you see on the video though.. :laughing:

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like the chopper was flying on a magnitude 10 earthquake. Do you have real time access to the video?

AlexGT

e2x2e

Enlightened
:sick::green::barf:

lol waviness is sickening

Great video though :) I love RC aircraft. I have a cheap foam plane($200), but it certainly is fun! I've tried videoing my flights with a "disposable" video camera, it actually came out half decent(the video is still on the recorder, I've been planning to hack it and take the video off for months lol).

Enjoy the hobby!

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
my ears are bleeding, great vid

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have access to real time video since this camera just records to an SD card. However, many people have taken the next step in aerial video by doing First Person View (FPV) flying, where they put a small video camera with a 2.4Ghz link on the model, connected to a video receiver that outputs to video glasses for that "in cockpit" feeling. :)

e2x2e

Enlightened
I don't have access to real time video since this camera just records to an SD card. However, many people have taken the next step in aerial video by doing First Person View (FPV) flying, where they put a small video camera with a 2.4Ghz link on the model, connected to a video receiver that outputs to video glasses for that "in cockpit" feeling. :)

Now that is awesome.

Another "if you think flashlights are expensive" type of thing.

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Click here for an FPV video on a TRex 450 RC helicopter.

He's using a CCD camera, which is the reason the video is nice and clear without any "waviness". CMOS cameras like the Flycamone I used for my video, progressively scans each frame from top to bottom, which is the reason for "waviness" and why they are so sensitive to vibration.. Unfortunately CCD is expensive, which is why all the low end cameras use CMOS instead..

Aaron1100us

Enlightened
Thats pretty sweet. I've been thinking about getting a cam for mine. I just started flying this year with a Honey Bee King V2. Upgraded most of it and have a Spektrum DX7, GY401 with digital servos and brushless motor. The heli itself isn't great but I'm hoping to get a larger heli sometime and transfering some of the electronics over. Not into 3D yet but hope to by the end of the summer.

How long have you been flying?

Back when I had training gear on, My E1L clipped perfectly on the center part of the training gear right under the heli. Looked like it had a spot light under it. Kinda cool flying in the dark.

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aaron1100us, I actually started learning RC helis about 4 years ago, but I only flew for about 6 months at that time, then stopped for 3 years. Recently, I picked it up again a few months back.. So, in actual flying experience, I've probably really flown for a little over a year.. :grin2:

I very much prefer F3C style or scale style flying, so I don't anticipate doing 3D any time soon..

I will also be putting on a custom camera mount, and flying a much better camera on my Logo 10 soon..

cam-mount1.jpg