Obama at Cree in NC

TonkinWarrior

Enlightened
Re: Barack Obama visits Cree Inc.

I was just looking on the internet and i noticed this:

http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/post/samgrahamfelsen/gGChCW

I thought it was kind of cool to see a canidate visiting Cree out of all the other places they could have went.

Mods, please move this if it isn't in the right place.
------------------------------------------------------------\

Ooohh, be still, my heart.

Gosh, perhaps he was really there to:

(a) learn how to CHANGE a light bulb, or

(b) inspect the latest technology in semi-automatic firearms flashlights for augmenting individual self-defense weaponry, all while staking out a new, contra-collectivist/gun-dumb Million-Soccer-Mom/U.N.-IANSA-pacifist position on Second Amendment rights, or

c) learn about the eeevil Assault Flashlight "loophole" in preparation for future legislation... all for the (*cough*) "common good."

Let the countdown to thread-lock (and Watch-Listing) begin.

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if Clinton still has to worry about going to North Carolina ? I recall the old geezer senator (Jesse Helms) gave him a pretty good threat back when they were both in office (November, 1994). Nice business. ;)

Last edited:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to burst some people's bubbles, but flashlights aren't a major part of Cree's business. They do more than LEDs as well, so I'm not sure why all the evil left-wingnut conspiracy theories are jumping out.

Personally I'm happy to see any politician interested in science and technology. If we loose our position as a leader in science and technology we will loose our leadership in other areas as well.

Zenster

Enlightened
Sorry to burst some people's bubbles, but flashlights aren't a major part of Cree's business. They do more than LEDs as well, so I'm not sure why all the evil left-wingnut conspiracy theories are jumping out.

Personally I'm happy to see any politician interested in science and technology. If we loose our position as a leader in science and technology we will loose our leadership in other areas as well.

I'd prefer not to "loose" any politician onto anything technological because anything a politician gets loosed upon becomes taxed, regulated, and ultimately strangled through mismanagement of the meddling government.

And that ain't no conspiracy theory. That's history.
The current "corn as bio-fuel" fiasco immediately comes to mind which is about to have the effect of starving millions of people around the world.

So please, no politicians anywhere near an LED factory if we can help it.

flashlite

Enlightened
I saw part of the speech he gave at Cree on the news last night. I liked how he called them "light bulbs".

Last edited:

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
After visiting CREE, Obama called Mag-lite. Too bad the phone was upside down.

barryobama.jpg

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast

As long as we continue to ship our production and technology overseas, support government programs that are based on political correctness rather than merit, and over-regulate our economy, we will continue to slip technologically. For technology we have already largely been surpassed in many areas by Japan and European countries.

Last edited:

Empath

Flashaholic
15hd89z.jpg

Photoshoppers seem to like doing the same themes.

In the Obama photo, notice the clock on the wall says 3 o'clock, no doubt referencing the 3:00 AM phone call from Clinton's campaign ad.

There's an interesting discussion of the photoshopped picture on Snopes, including the original photo without the clock and the cord in the proper place.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Hmmmm . . . .

How many Politicians does it take to change a Light Bulb ?

We will need to appoint a Special Investigative Committee to study our options.

Sorry, at this point in time, we are unable to be more specific.

:whistle:
_