• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: Stainless steel CR123 body for Ultrafire C3

kevinm

Enlightened
I'm tired of waiting for Kaidomain and DX to offer a stainless steel CR123 body for the Ultrafire C3

http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.942

Before I go to the trouble of turning one myself, I thought I'd see if anyone was going to make them. They have sold well over 1500 units, so there's a market! My guess is that if one were to make 100 or so, they could charge $10-15 each and make a profit.

Any takers?

Thanks,
Kevin

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast
the problem i think would be that you would have to fabricate a new tailcap as well due to the diameter of CR123. Unless you made a body that would be solid on the tail end to screw into the existing cap and then was larger to fit the 123.:crazy:

kevinm

Enlightened
The RCR123's I have are 16.5mm in diameter. The outer portion of the threads measures 17.8mm. So there's 1.3mm of boring to do. It makes it thin, but maybe do-able.

I do like the idea of having the spring from the tailcap going into a wider cavity for the RCR123, more like the Surefire E1e.

A twisty body would also work and could make a shorter light.

I really don't know why they didn't make the tail and the head the same diameter.:shrug:

Kevin

Last edited:

kevinm

Enlightened

I hadn't seen the first; looks nice. The second, the rumor goes, is not stainless, but a chrome coat on copper or brass. *Bad news: it looks like the first one is also not SS*.

I really like the idea of having a head that can go on different bodies for the flexibility of using different battery types. I have an MTE 20-mode light engine in the head of the C3, so going to a single mode additional light seems like going backward.

Thanks for point those out.

Kevin

Last edited:

kevinm

Enlightened
Nice, but still single stage and not usable with AA's. I'm looking for classy flexability. Thanks for posting that one, though.

Kevin