Flashlight podcasts

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this something anyone would be interested in? Technical explanations, interviews with real flashlight users, discussions at CPF get-togethers, etc.?

Tachikoma

Enlightened
You could start from the basics, explaining the various lighting technologies available today (incandescents, LEDs, electroluminescents, HIDs, ecc.) ;)

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Should these have video as well, or just audio?

I realized a few minutes ago that I have no idea how long a podcast usually is. Two minutes? Twenty? Less? More?

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys all thought I forgot, didn't you? Well, I didn't forget. I just procrastinated. :)

Here's a PDF of my little script.

Here's the MP3. It clocks in at a little under 20 minutes. Before you listen to it, let me warn you, it sounded fine on my monitor's built-in speakers, but when I tried my good headphones, it was far from fine. Eliminating the bass frequencies in the equalizer helps a lot, as might avoiding headphones and other devices that let you really hear separate stereo channels, but it's basically an aural mess. I highly recommend skipping the audio entirely and going with the PDF. :crazy:

Well, we can't say I didn't try... unfortunately. :crazy:

Enlightened
That was great! :goodjob: You should reconsider publishing this through iTunes. Subscribing to it would be so much easier.

Have you considered interviewing people? There are a lot of very interesting folks here on CPF.

Mark

Empath

Flashaholic
You have an exceptional organizational skill. Permitting CPF to benefit is appreciated.

-just in case no one has said thank you :)

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
:) Thank you!

Did anyone else have sound quality issues? I'd really like to figure out how to get reasonable sound before I do anything more, but if no one else experienced overpowering bass and wonky stereo, there might be something wrong on my end.

Interviews and discussions are next on my list. Until then, I was thinking maybe a battery-related podcast. Thoughts?

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sound worked great for me
Looking forward to the next :twothumbs

greenLED

Flashaholic
:) Thank you!

Did anyone else have sound quality issues?
Interviews and discussions are next on my list. Until then, I was thinking maybe a battery-related podcast. Thoughts?
No sound issues on my side.

I thought your first one was well organized and delivered. Keep it up!