TK10 - Lamp Head Stuck!

Tendermoves

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

Just got a TK10 and love it. Unfortunately I tightened the lamp head to tight into its threads while turning to Turbo mode and when I tried to turn it back to normal mode the lamp head stuck into the body but the reflector portion unscrewed exposing the cree bulb. Now I can't unscrew the rest of the lamp head from the body and can no longer turn the flashlight to normal mode.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I thought I had saw a thread about this in the CPF but can't find it now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
-TM

TooSharp

Newly Enlightened
Clean the treads, apply some blue loctite, screw the head back on, wait for it to dry, and then try to twist the bezel back to normal mode.

AOBRICK

Newly Enlightened
use two rubber strap wrenches its the same way i used to get the clip off my black T1 it should work easily

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
i dont mean to be a pessimist, but that part of the head is bare aluminium....

bare aluminium = risk of galling..

is it seized up? or jsut really tight...did it feel like it was seizing up when you tightened it...and did it cross thread?

Crenshaw

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
i dont mean to be a pessimist, but that part of the head is bare aluminium....

bare aluminium = risk of galling..

is it seized up? or jsut really tight...did it feel like it was seizing up when you tightened it...and did it cross thread?

Crenshaw

looks like you speak base on your past experienced with that P1D Q5 & Leef body :)
it still shocked me and i always be really careful from than on.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
looks like you speak base on your past experienced with that P1D Q5 & Leef body :)
it still shocked me and i always be really careful from than on.

yep, that episode taught me alot...like always use lube, if in doubt, more is better then less..:thumbsup:

Crenshaw