• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD:Two Cree XRE R2 WG (Price Drop)

TexLite

Enlightened
I have for sale two R2's,WG tint.The tint is light yellow.I ordered WH and received WG,not exactly what I was looking for.The closest thing I can think of to compare it to is a manilla folder.

The price is $18.00 each shipped First Class,delivery confirmation.

Or I will install in a Fenix host for $25.00 parts and labor,you take care of shipping both ways.

For output performance on L1T/L2T after swap see this thread.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/197083

2471461176_5bcca2d3d1.jpg

Thanks,
Michael

Last edited:

TexLite

Enlightened
Re: FS:Two Cree XRE R2 WG

Price drop and bump:

Price dropped to $14.00 each shipped.

Or $20.00 each installed in your host.You take care of shipping.

Thanks,
Michael

kavvika

Enlightened
Re: FS:Two Cree XRE R2 WG (Price Drop)

EDIT: Just so I don't miss out, I'll take one pending reply.

Can you install one in my Fenix P1D-CE (P4)? It needs a warmer tinted emitter, and the increase in lumens would be great.

Last edited:

TexLite

Enlightened

kavvika,
Yes,I can.Sending you a PM.

Thanks,
Michael

TexLite

Enlightened

One reserved for kavvika,

One still available.

Michael

kavvika

Enlightened

Paypal sent. Thanks for offering to mod my Fenix for me. I'll update you via PM when I ship the light out. Does this mean I'll have the first P1D-R2 ever?:naughty:

FlashInThePan

Enlightened

Hi TexLite! I didn't see a paypal address listed in your profile or in the original post, and didn't want you to think I'd forgotten about payment for this. When you have a chance, can you PM me the address?

Thanks!

- FITP

TexLite

Enlightened

Hello FlashInThePan,

Thats fine,I wasnt worried.I actually logged in a while ago to take care of this but had something come up with work and had to drop everything.Sending you a PM with info.

Thanks,
Michael

kavvika

Enlightened
Practice and a good iron? Just a guess, and that's why I'm having him mod my Fenix for me.:grin2:

TexLite

Enlightened
Hi Guy's,
Sorry,no secret method.I do use a precision pen sander,to prep the solder pad before tinning,like this:https://www.autobodytoolmart.com/p-12832-15977.aspx.

Heres my drill,after I desolder the leads,I check to make sure they are clean,no frays,long ends,etc.

Then I sand the solder pad lightly,not much really,just rough up the surface.The Prep Pen allows you to sand just the pad,without getting the ring or anything surrounding.

Then pre-tin the pad AND make sure theres enough solder on the leads,usually apply just a dab,too much is asking for trouble.Check for fit,trim the leads a little if needed.

Tin the Iron tip,clean,then press the lead onto the pad and apply the iron just long enough to let the solder flow.

I do have a soldering station,but you can acheive great results without a station.I have some other irons,one is the kind they sell at Wallyworld,less than $20.00,yellow,dont recall the brand,it actually works well,no heat control,but your iron needs to be pretty hot anyway.

One area you can't compromise on is solder.Use Kester or another good brand from an electronics store.

And dont skimp on wire cutters either,your asking for trouble,you cant just open up the head and resolder the leads.They dont have to be expensive,just good and sharp.I picked up some at Sears just to try the other day and their actually good pliers.It was the Imperial brand,needle nose and side cutters together in a package.They werent with the Craftsman pliers,they were on another isle,they were around $10.00.

Also,tin and wipe your iron tip often,this is really important.

Thats about it,hope this helps.

Thanks,
Michael