Quick-draw wrist holster for an ARC AAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only recently got my Arc AAA, and already I'm finding that I use it everywhere. (I'm at the age where I can frequently use some extra light, even during the day.) At home I wear an Arc on a lanyard but that's clumsy and not comfortable. And if I go out, I use another Arc on my key ring but that involves fumbling to get it.

I got to thinking that there must be some way to store it on me that's easy to reach -- when I'm out with friends, or at home working on projects, or even in the shower. I would like to be sure I have it and can get to easily.

What about a holster on the wrist, perhaps attached to my watchband? I could wear it all day, and it would always be quickly available wherever I was.

What do you think? Has anyone heard of such a thing? Maybe it's offered for sale somewhere?

Or does anyone have ideas for other ways to carry the AAA where it can be easily reached, regardless of clothing (or lack of it)?

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wear mine on a lanyard around my neck. You forget that it's there when it's tucked into your shirt. If you need to use both hands you just let it drop instead of setting it down where you might lose it (when I was a production assistant, I lost two Minigags simply by setting them down in the dark to do something using both hands and then when I went to find them I couldn't because it was too dark!)

The wrist holster sounds cool, but I think the length of the AAA would inhibit your wrist movement and just be a nuisance after a while.

Later,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Illuminatingbikr,

I think that the nylon holster is for the LS models and not the AAA. But I do have an Idea that I'll try and then let you know how it goes.

Later,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
Maybe you can use the kydex holster made by Normark... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

keytags.jpg

ON/SCENE TACTICAL

Hope this helps,

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
I have that kydex holster for the Arc AAA made by On Scene Tactical... I just started using it yesterday and I find it rather handy, yet adds a bit of bulk to the ol' key ring, if you know what I mean. But, in the long run, it makes the AAA available to me a good percentage of the time, and it actually makes for a neat looking key fob.

If you don't have anything more than a car remote and half a dozen keys, it's not too bad at all.

I make customized nylon/velcro holders for SF123's and used to make them for the Mag Solitaire (which I've banished to the trash heap since getting my Arc /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) - it's somewhat of a hobby. I'll see what I can produce this weekend. Hmmmm.... another B/S/T idea. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Jim

spookyspiff

Newly Enlightened
For EDC, I've rigged the onscene tac holster to my glasses and I carry one on each side of my head. Very convenient. tends to slide a little, but i'm fixing a small strap/harness to fix that.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spookyspiff: Wow. That is way out. On my glasses! I think I may want to experiment with this idea. Not only is it a place to store the Arc AAA (or two), but it will work like a head lamp. Great idea. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
And, just think of the raised eyebrows if I wear it to the opera. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Ha!

spookyspiff

Newly Enlightened
OK, i was just kidding. I wanted to see how far one would have to go to raise an eyebrow around here. Pretty far apparently. But on second thought it would probably sell wonderfully as a camping style headlamp. But for EDC, that would be a biiiiit much I fear.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, you got me. I bought in to it.

But think about it. Such a configuration can really be useful. This would be ideal when I need to use both hands, especially for a close-up project -- doing work inside my computer case or soldering and such.

I already use the Arc AAA for such work. Now I'll have twice the light and twice the dexterity.

The more I think about the idea, the more I like it. You ought not make fun of an idea like this. It stifles creativity.

spookyspiff

Newly Enlightened
sooory didn't mean to rub the wrong way. Don't mean to make fun of the dork community because I am definitely a proud member myself. I am also guilty of sticking my AAA behind my ear as a task light. I don't think a bit of pokin fun at ourselves can stifle creativity though. Example: millons of rich dorks worldwide....

B@rt

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
spookyspiff said:
Example: millons of rich dorks worldwide....

[/ QUOTE ]
dork.gif

Hmm, I must be doing something wrong then... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey spookyspiff, no disrespect taken. You were having some fun. To tell the truth, so was I. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I notice that what seems funny and ridiculous is often just a hair's width from what is brilliantly innovative. There's at least a spark of each in your idea.

I guess that's part of the fun of dorkdom.

P.S. Great image B@rt.

spookyspiff

Newly Enlightened
i was going to use the example of bill gates, but most would probably argue his creativity. now if you could put a coupla arc AAAs attached to the glasses on that pic.......

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can picture Uncle Bill wearing them.

But you know? . . . he doesn't look a whole lot different.

Status
Not open for further replies.