Inova t4 vs surefire L7 Lumamax

alpha

Newly Enlightened
I have the t4 right now is a great light.. but i would like to have something with more throw .. i was considerng the l7 lumamax one but i guess its the same i am right?

I want it rechargable, i ve also considered the strion and the stinger .. what would you recommend me ?

jeffroalpha700

Newly Enlightened
I have the original T4. Which one is yours? I understand it is now much brighter, and I guess it's no longer TIR optics, but I could be wrong about the new one. I have an original L6 Lumamax with a Luxeon V. The new ones are apparently going to a P4 emitter. I now use on duty a Stinger LED-DS (dual switch). I love it! It has great thow (almost identical to my SL20-LED). I've been very happy! I also have a Stinger LED from over one year ago. The color on the new LED was a little better, and it was definately brighter. The color was warmer and I can see more detail as a result.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Pelican 7060 will throw further then both the L7 and the T4.

If you don't mind taking out the battery for recharging, the Dereelight DBS would be the best choice. It's one of the best throwing single LED light(that is stock).

dcowboyscr

Newly Enlightened
Greenwood(Indianapolis), Indiana & Orlando, Florid
I don't know about the L7 but the Surefire E1B(80 lumens high mode) beat my Inova T4(2007 model w/reflector 125 lumens claimed) in a side by side test of brightness and throw by a decent margin. And the spill are was wider on top of that!

Still I'm interested in evaluating the new T4 that just came out with improved brightness and multiple levels.

Lightingguy321

Enlightened
The L7 would make a great duty light and has a moderately long throw and a very nice beam. The only down side is that it is a bit long compared to some of the newer LED lights (eg the 7060 (actually the 7060 is the same size)). Other than that it is a really great light that is durable and very well made. You may also want to consider the 2008 inova T4 (with K2 TFFC LED) it puts out more light then either the 7060 or the L7.

Note: I own the L7 and use it alot, it is a great light and hasn't let me down yet ( it probably won't let me down).

Latest posts