Maglite LED Drop-Ins

zlf15

Newly Enlightened
I have a few questions about my options for modding a 2 or 3 cell D Maglite. First of all what is the brightest (highest lumen) drop in made for this light. Also other than the Malkoff maglite drop-ins what are some other quality drop in led setups. Any descent Cree drop-ins? Thanks.

Brownstone

Enlightened
Like LukeA said, CREE drop-ins are usually considered ugly in MagLite reflectors. You'll end up with a ringy beam pattern.

You might consider a TerraLux TLE-6EX-B drop-in. Higher quality than the MagLED, uses an SSC LED so the beam pattern is nice.

Yoda4561

Flashlight Enthusiast
In terms of overal lumen output I think the elektrolumens MT-IV and V are the highest. The single LED lights will throw further and have a brighter beam though.

zlf15

Newly Enlightened
So what other options are out there. I have read that the Malkoff drop-in is one of the best in terms of quality and output.

Brownstone

Enlightened
So what other options are out there. I have read that the Malkoff drop-in is one of the best in terms of quality and output.

I think you will find that the most discussed 2D-3D Mag LED drop-ins are:

• Malkoff
  • Elektrolumens
  • TerraLux
  • MagLED
There are other alternatives, but these seem to get the most attention and reviews.