7 AA Cell flashlight

C

Cerberus1

<font color="black"> </font> I have a 7 cell AA flashlight it was made for law enforcement at one time it looks like a Maglite but is not the switch is in the but of it as is the spare bulb it is heavy duty with a very good grip I guess you could say it was made for breaking heads if need be it is the only one I have ever seen and I was wondering if any one out there knows where I can get another one or who makes them any help would be great TY

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I recall correctly they were made by Cold Steel. No longer being made. You could probably sell at a premium.

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
David is correct. Cold Steel knives sold them several years ago as a light/club combo. They were supposed to be the thickest aluminum lights ever. I suspect Lynn Thompson, (founder and president of CS), got some sort of flak from Maglite because they disappeared very suddenly. I remember once they were gone, CS was flooded with requests for more but Lynn Thompson said "absolutely no more"! They are very sought after and I have never seen one come up for sale.

Wylie

Enlightened
Wow!
What a mod that thing would make. Looks lethal and with a five watt and the right optics it could be blinding. Just what your over agressive LEO needs. Scary!

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I spoke with dspeck the other day about making a 6 AA E2 barrel to run a KL1. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
A 6AA E2 barrel would still be a dainty little thing compared to "The Brute", though, if you kept the stock E2 barrel wall thickness ... unless the barrel was purposely made thick. I'm slowing down on my purchases, but I would snap up a bright light with a fighting barrel in a heartbeat. Mod or production, LS or incandescent, wouldn't matter.

Joe

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Joe,

Did you see the pics in the thread I posted up about my 4AA E2?? The outside diameter was kept the same, but the inside diameter was made smaller to fit AA batt.s snuggly, so barrel thickness is WAY up.

fc94119a.jpg

The original 4AA E2 thread with pics.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
revolvergeek said:
I spoke with dspeck the other day about making a 6 AA E2 barrel to run a KL1. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ray,

Apparently great minds think alike. I already asked my machinist to do the same, except threaded for a Mag 2C head on one end for awesome Space Needle throw, so that the O.D. size would allow the barrel to remain as thick as the Brute's for good ol' whackin' capability...

Race ya!

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Revolvergeek, please keep me updated regarding your request to DSpeck. I am also interested in one of those. Maybe we could get some discount? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
R.G.: You, my friend, are the proverbial "da man"! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Nice thick walls. When's the ETA on your 6AA barrel? I'm looking forward to hearing about it!

Joe

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suspect that it will be a while. When I talked to dspeck he said he had several weeks worth of mods to do before he could get to it. I will leT y'all know when I hear something.

Oh, did I mention that he can make these in brass incase you want a little extra heft???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I still keep this flashlight, aka the "Watermelon Torch," in my emergency pack in the trunk of my automobile. While quite an oddity in design, it remains a serviceable product.