GLO-TOOB Lithium GREEN

dcbeane

Newly Enlightened
I just got the birthday present I bought for myself: A GREEN GLO-TOOB Lithium.
I'm very impressed with this little light. Its seems very well made.
I'll have it on the lanyard it came with tossed over my shoulder the next time I ride my bike at night. I live in a small town and ride my bike to work from time to time to save gas. I already have a RED blinking light on the bike....so adding GREEN should really make me stand out:eek:.....gotta watch those trafic lights though....don't want to confuse anyone:crackup:

Why GREEN ? White just doesn't stand out with head lights street lights etc. RED... there are many of those in tail lights. BLUE means cop to me and alot of others I expect. YELLOW or ORANGE reminds me of those blinking beacons the highway dept uses.
I think GREEN is the way to go.

Last edited:

watchdog2001

Newly Enlightened
I think you made a wise choice on the color. I also have a green lithium Glo-Toob and picked up blue ones for each of my sons. We use them to "mark" each other when we night fish. When I placed my order, I initially was going to go all blue but decided at the last minute to order a different color for myself. I find the green kinda catches the eye at night and on high it makes a great tent light.
Enjoy your Toob…

greenLED

Flashaholic
I just got the birthday present I bought for myself: A GREEN GLO-TOOB Lithium.
I'm very impressed with this little light. Its seems very well made.
I'll have it on the lanyard it came with tossed over my shoulder the next time I ride my bike at night. I live in a small town and ride my bike to work from time to time to save gas. I already have a RED blinking light on the bike....so adding GREEN should really make me stand out:eek:.....gotta watch those trafic lights though....don't want to confuse anyone:crackup:

Why GREEN ? White just doesn't stand out with head lights street lights etc. RED... there are many of those in tail lights. BLUE means cop to me and alot of others I expect. YELLOW or ORANGE reminds me of those blinking beacons the highway dept uses.
I think GREEN is the way to go.

Green is the color our eyes pick out most easily. I'm not sure why it's not used as beacon color more often. In any case, I have 2 green Toob's. I had a red one as well, but never used it.

You're right about blue - it may be restricted to emergency vehicles in certain jurisdictions.

Chiphead - try BugOutGearUSA; that's where I got mine from.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I have a blue Glo-Toob (non Lithium) and like the color. But maybe one day if I get a lithium Glo-Toob will pick green. I use the blue for the Kayak at night.

Edit for photo of night kayak fun. :)

I use a PT Apex headlamp for main light. Blue Glo-toob for back and a clear (white) Nite-Ize Inova micro light powered light stick for the front. The white paddles helps too. They seem to glow in the LED light of my Apex.

Here are photos of a friend's Yak during one of our trips. She only has a cheap Wally World head lamp. Bad news on a lake with drunks and motor boats. Going to have to do something about that.

hike9.jpg

hike12.jpg

Next time we got out I wll have her take a photo of my Yak during a night trip. It looks like a Christmas tree. Anyways I enjoy the Glo-Toob and for some reason even like the Nit-Ize.

Last edited:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an amber lithium toob and I like it for what it is. It won't win any brightness contests, but it is one rugged marker with all sorts of fancy blink modes. I'm not sure what color I'd get if I were looking for a second one.

RebelXTNC

Enlightened
I just got a used one from the MarketPlace. It's a great light but seems very tricky to get the mode-switching timing consistent. My second-hand unit didn't have any instructions. I've searched and found some limited references on how to switch modes on the older FX model.
Any tips on consistently switching modes on the Lithium model?
I think it's a great marker device, very rugged and attention-getting.
Thanks in advance.

TOTC

Newly Enlightened
Any tips on consistently switching modes on the Lithium model?
Ha, if you can figure it out, let me know.

I have owned a number of these since they first came out, and I still have extreme difficulty switching modes. It usually takes me multiple tries to succeed. The window of opportunity must be very small in the UI. I have even gone so far as timing out the 5 seconds with my watch, and I still have trouble.

That said, I still LOVE these things. I have 3 or 4 in different colors and 2 more coming in the mail. The 2 coming were on closeout (sorry the site doesn't have any more left) at $25 and I just had to snatch them up.

greenLED

Flashaholic
The window of opportunity must be very small in the UI. I have even gone so far as timing out the 5 seconds with my watch, and I still have trouble.
Try 8 seconds instead of the default 5. It works every time for me that way.

RebelXTNC

Enlightened
Thanks Sigman, I missed that link because I didn't scroll down their page far enough.
That chart was just what I needed.
A couple of key points that are helping greatly: Around 6 seconds seems right with my light. Most importantly, clicking off and on at that point puts you in programming mode, it doesn't actually switch light modes yet. You have to click off and on (or soft press the reverse clicky) AGAIN to make the first mode change. As long as you keep doing that in less than 4 seconds time, you'll keep advancing to the next mode.
Then let it run in the desired mode for more than 4 seconds and it will be locked in and you'll be out of programming mode.

greenLED

Flashaholic
A couple of key points that are helping greatly: Around 6 seconds seems right with my light. Most importantly, clicking off and on at that point puts you in programming mode, it doesn't actually switch light modes yet. You have to click off and on (or soft press the reverse clicky) AGAIN to make the first mode change. As long as you keep doing that in less than 4 seconds time, you'll keep advancing to the next mode.
Then let it run in the desired mode for more than 4 seconds and it will be locked in and you'll be out of programming mode.

Excellent explanation & reminder of how the 'toob's programming works.

BobDeLaLuz

Newly Enlightened
If I remember correctly the human eye is very sensitive to green so that would be a good color to be visible.