Nitecore Glow Switch/Rings,What Size?

fyrpiper

Newly Enlightened
Just got my Nitecore in from Scopeandlaser ( fairly quick shipping from HK ) and was wondering what size glow rings and tailcap it uses. Also, any tips on how to remove the tailcap w/o buggering it up in the process?

Todd J. Matthews
FF/EMT-P

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
First of all: :welcome:

Both the switch rubber boot and the o-rings of the NDI have a diameter of 18 mm

The switch is held in position by a metallic ring inside the tailcap that has two small holes where you can insert needle nosed pliers to unscrew it carefully. It is an easy operation.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a curved hemostat to loosen the retaining ring on my lights. The curved pointed ends of the hemostat fit the holes perfectly, leaving the handles of the hemostat in a horizontal position that allows for good torque and easy loosening of the retaining ring. You can buy hemostats at a medical supply store. A cheaper source could be an emergency department in a hospital which use disposable suture sets that contain hemostats. If you know anybody who works in an ED they may be able to get you a pair.

I am not sure who sells boots for these lights. Have you checked Deal Extreme? They do carry some light parts. I would love to find a glow in the dark rubber boot for my NDI.

Marduke

Flashaholic
The green and orange rubber switch boots from DX fit if you totally remove the peg on the inside of the boot. However it made the switch a little too sensitive for my tastes so I put the OEM black one back on.

To remove the retaining ring, nails or needle nose pliers work well also.

YMMV

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
one of sigman's glowrings fit arond the tail boot perfectly, unfortunatelyi have no idea which one that is..cos he sent me a bunch with the NDI he sold me, and i have not much of an idea which ones there are. i suggest a sample pack from sigman. :)

Crenshaw

fyrpiper

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the advice, guys. As for the hemos, my wife is a ER nurse and has a pile of em layin around. I was wondering bout those holes.