First post E2E upgrade question.

jake25

Enlightened
from the site, that particular bulb requires 7.2V to operate at peak performance or at all

2 Surefire 123 cells product 3V each, 6V total

this would not be enough to power that bulb

2 RCR123's are about 3.7 or 3.7+3.7 total, whatever that number is, its over 7.2 and can power the bulb properly.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello all,

I have a question about a Lumens Factory upgrade for the E2E. I'm looking at the EO-E2R. It shows run times for the rechargeables only. Can I run the standard Surefire batteries with this bulb? Thank you for your time.

http://www.lumensfactory.com/e_series_specification.htm

You can run the bulb on three CR123A's as opposed to two CR123A's. I run my EO-E2R bulb in my everyday carry light on two 17500 rechargeable's. The voltage of three CR123A lithium primaries and two lithion ion rechargeables (17500's or RCR123A's) is about equal and that's what it was designed to run on.

The bulb will light up on two CR123A's, but the voltage will be less than what it was designed for and hence the output will be very orange and not as bright. It is also not very good for the bulb to run it at lower voltage spec than it was designed for. But as Mark at Lumens Factory has said, it is okay for emergency use. Just not regular use.

If you want to run two CR123a primaries I really recommend sticking with the Sure-Fire MN03, MN02 or Lumens Factory HO-E2A.

Last edited:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF!

Sometimes less is more. The MN02 lamp will give a gorgeous white beam for 2 hours before sagging.

kelmo