Best multi-cree, multi-level light?

pbs357

Enlightened
I've seen a few comparisons between the Romisen and MX Power, but is there a combined thread with beamshots comparing all the 3 and 4 cree lights under $50? My preference is to be able to use 2x18650 and mult-level driver, as I go on 2-3 hour hikes at night, and sometimes need LOTS of light from a handheld. Please chime in with your experiences with these lights regarding flood/throw, brightness, runtimes, etc. Throw must be strong but the main requirement is multi-level capability with a superbright, wide beam on high when needed - kind of like a Malkoff M60 on steroids kind of thing when on High. Thanks! :wave:

Last edited:

David Gretzmier

Newly Enlightened
Don't forget the new 5 cree on DX. It seems that everyone around here likes the rominson T5. talks of mods to get it to full amperage to the LEDs makes it possible to be super bright. There are so many multi cree's I'd read back a few pages of threads and listen to the folks who have them and reccomend the T5.

I've got a 3 cree prototype a friend gave me from a flashlight comapny back around Christmas. Since then, multi cree lights have exploded. good luck.