Priceline?

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anybody ever had an experience with Priceline? Specifically, their "negotiator" feature for finding a hotel room?

Seems like a great idea to get a great price, but you loose some control over which hotel you'd stay at.

Any comments?

Thanks,
MSax

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, that biddingfortravel site is worth visiting.

I've had too many bad experiences with Priceline to make me enthusiastic about them. Though I must admit I've gotten some really good deals too (such as the $20 daily rental rate on a Cadillac).

Come to think of it, I've been screwed one way or another by pretty much all the major travel sites, like the time I showed up in Las Vegas with a hotel reservation, but the hotel was full and they wouldn't do anything for me, not even help me find a room someplace else!

Nowadays I have a Yahoo email account that I use solely for hotel special newsletters. I've subscribed to probably 20 of them, and when I need to go somewhere I'll sift the newsletters. You can usually get a discount rate on a flight, hotel, car or whatever, plus they'll throw in some incentives like free massage, free meal, free upgrade or whatever. I've NEVER been screwed when dealing directly with the hotel or car rental agency or whichever service I'm using.