Need help exchanging info between international offices

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know there are a lot of good tech heads here, plus being my second home away from home. ;-)

My company recently purchased another company that's located overseas. Right now we're having frustrations exchanging information, such as product specifications, over email. Sometimes the remote office will receive several requests for the same information, sometimes things are missed, or have errors, etc etc etc.

Is there some type of program or Web resource available for document control between international offices? Specifically, one office needs to post blank forms while the other office fills them in.

We're trying to avoid duplication of work, and have a companywide-accessible document so each person involved in the project can see which portions have or have not been completed, and assign resources accordingly.

Many thanks!!

bitslammer

Enlightened
It sounds like you need a CMS (Content Management System). There are some nice open source packages out there. Joomla, Plone, Drupal, etc. These are fairly web centric but may have the features you are looking for and possibly a bit more.

It sounds like you need one with good work flow/routing capabilities. This is often found in a CMS suite along with revision control, check-in check-out control etc.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
It's strange that you see dups in your email. Something is mis configured somewhere.

I work at a company with international branches. One interesting side effect is the EU privacy laws that prohibit transfer of some information out of Europe without explicit customer authorization. This can apply even for inter-company information transport!

I see bitslammer has already listed a few....

Daniel

Latest posts