America's most talented kids.

Wylie

Enlightened
America\'s most talented kids.

I was just on the computer with the chick sitting in the other room watching the television. I heard this kid singing and playing the mouth harp like a thirty-year and had to go watch myself. This kid rocked the house and he was nine years old!
Then this little girl gets on stage and all she did was sing no instruments just singing and as far as I am concerned she wasn't half as good at singing as the kid with the mouth harp. Anybody else see this sham?
EDIT: The last girl had the best voice yet so it doesn't matter now anyway but she didn't play an instrument either.
Just letting a little steam off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: America\'s most talented kids.

I don't like competitions like these. I don't even watch American Idol. I especially don't like kids competing in these competitions. If they are naturally talented...fine, but some of the things these parents do to their children isn't healthy.

I especially detest pageants, young or old, i just don't see what the benifits are. I don't think a person has to win a beauty contest to help the world in some way...

PieThatCorner

Enlightened

Laurence-

I have to agree with you 100%. I've had the opportunity to see some of those parents up close and personal as they proded their child in the most grotesque fashion imaginable. If there was any love, it was for themselves.

On that same note, there were some kids that were absolutely horrific in terms of their manners and basic human behavior. Byproducts, no doubt, of parental influence. It was quite scary to see that.

And yet, there were a legitimate few that had truly talented children with some very caring parents. To be honest, they seemed to outnumber the scary ones, thank God. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

-Jim

Wylie

Enlightened

LEDagent
Ah my chick had it on. Usually I am watching something educational or some scifi stuff. I don't agree with exposing young children to that type of exposure myself. I placed myself in their shoe while watching and just didn't like the way I thought I would have felt in their positions. I still do not like being in front of crowds.
A little different but I was in New York for a patent contest and there was a family there. The son was about 13 and had the patent in his name if I am correct although it seemed as though pops was running the show if you know what I mean. Talk about some sine crap, the looks and the rest of it really made me sick. I spent most of the awards program outside on the sidewalk just to avoid the feelings these people gave me. I think that was the best part of taking the best recreation patent of 2001 from the Hammacher Schlemmer search for invention contest. I felt bad for this guy with this foot powered boat though, he was a real nice guy.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Wylie said:
... it seemed as though pops was running the show if you know what I mean. Talk about some sine crap, the looks and the rest of it really made me sick. I spent most of the awards program outside on the sidewalk just to avoid the feelings these people gave me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh...i feel the EXACT same way at competitions like that. The parents try to stand in the background, but 9 times out of 10 they usually stick out like a sore thumb during actuall competition.

I, too, get anti-social and have to step outside for some fresh air. My cousin's pageant competition got me feelin' the same way. Even though i was rootin' her on, i couldn't stand the whole event. It was utterly pointless...AND EXPENSIVE. Did you know that parents spend upwards of 10,000 dollars for such an event? Uugh...sometimes i don't know about this Filipino fascination with pageantry. We're all beautiful if you ask me...hell...everyone is beautiful. No need to prove it in a contest.

Anyway, i agree with what you say completely. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

..so how is the flashlight naming competition going Wylie, everything fair and square?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

Wylie

Enlightened

TedtheLed,
I am still waiting for information on the flashlight contest from my partner. I sure wish he would take care of this because I feel like he is making me look bad. I don't know when it will be but if this is strung out too long I'll be P.M.ing his phone number, emailaddress and home address to everyone that is involved. I just don't like it when other people make me look bad.

Latest posts