Jet Pro-III 18650s

gilly

Enlightened
Can anyone who has a Jet Pro-III confirm which 18650s it will take? Bugout Gear's website states it won't fit some 18650 cells including the Pila. Will it fit AW's protected 18650s?

Thanks...

Britelumens

Enlightened
Can anyone who has a Jet Pro-III confirm which 18650s it will take? Bugout Gear's website states it won't fit some 18650 cells including the Pila. Will it fit AW's protected 18650s?

Thanks...

Hi gilly,

Here are 3 different make of 18650 lithium cells. The first 2 have the same dimension but the Pila is about 1mm thicker near the protection PCB.
As for AW's, I do not have them yet, so I wound not know. Some members here might be able to help you on that.

18650s.jpg

From left: Samsung 18650 (Korea), Sanyo 18650 (Japan cell) Pila 18650 Protected(Chinese cell)

Generally, most of the unprotected cells in the market will fit the JET III Pro.
Whereas the Pila will not, just like BOG mentioned. You can "force" the Pila in the JET III Pro. But somehow, it does not fire up as it fit poorly.

With regards,
Jo @ Britelumens

Citivolus

Enlightened
As Jo says, the unprotected cells will generally fit, but if you choose to use one keep an eye on the voltage as the Jet-III doesn't have a low voltage warning. One AW Protected 18650 that I have fits fine, the other is a bit snug. This is due to how the protection circuitry is fitted into the cell, if the tab is a bit wide on the end it catches on the side of the tube. Loading the cell from the front of the tube instead of from the rear can also make a difference in some cases, as the batteries tend to be slightly wider at the positive end. Don't force it if it is snug, as that will result in the shrink wrap on the battery wearing through and shorting the PCB protection.

You've got about 18.54 +- 0.02mm of clearance in the tube, so if the battery is wider than that at any point in its length it won't fit.

I have some Tenergy cells that I have tried that do not fit, however others have reported success with them.

From feedback I've seen, more AW's fit than won't. I'm thinking about special ordering some AW cells to see if I can get him to check the diameter of the positive end prior to shipping, that way I'd have a guaranteed fit in a protected cell.

Regards,
Eric

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
The AW black label protected 18650 will work as we just received a shipment and they work just fine. The Pila 600P will fit, however they will not power the light.

Regards,
Flavio
BugoutGearUSA.com

9x23

Enlightened
All of my AW black cells work just fine. Two are about a year old (without buttons) and the other two are about 3 months old (with button head). I even have a gray label Ultrafire 18650 that also fits.

9x23

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, I almost purchased the Pila 600P batteries for them when I initially placed my order for the Jet-III. I ended up getting AW's black label 18650 from Lighthound. It fit perfectly for me.

Wattnot

Enlightened
My AW black protected fits but a little snug. My Tenergy and Trustfires (blue label and all protected) fit fine. They all work fine.

ScubaSnyder

Enlightened
My AW cell works as well and I must say this light is awesome, it is a bit brighter than the Fenix T1 except it does not tail stand but ill be able to fix that.

My AW black protected fits but a little snug. My Tenergy and Trustfires (blue label and all protected) fit fine. They all work fine.