Caves with 100% darkness.

Ninjaz7

Enlightened
I'm thinking of bringing a slew of lights to Meramac caves in a huge dome and get some illumination shots...someone 20 ft in back of me getting the shots might give a better example of good flood in a light...what do you think?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
That would be great.

If you can get things to mark out distances that would be better.

Just be careful.

aussiebob

Enlightened
Our Yr 11 class went to Jenolan Caves http://www.jenolancaves.org.au/ last year and i took 3 lights, fenix l2d q5, minimag 2aa led, and surefire L4. I used the l2d the most as threw the farthest and reached all the nooks and crannies in the caves.
Had great fun, hope you do as well.:)

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went caving in a couple of the Lava tubes when I was in Iceland (namely Raufarholshellir and Surtshellir), and found the Foxfury Signature series to be an excellent choice...of course I had my SF G2, for occasional "peaks" into run-offs and what not, but I found the peripheal vision the FF provides was excellent for finding your footing and overall navigating EXTREMELY dark places...the waterproofness and automatic emergency "low-power" mode were also a plus, with the melting ice and stuff. I have only a handfull of headlamps, but when it comes down to it, my FF is my dependable "go-to light"(or headlamp...LOL).

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc127/angelofwar7/DSC01153.jpg

Over sized image removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Citivolus

Enlightened
A quick comment on spill beam shots. If you are taking pictures with a camera at a differing location from the light, they won't show the spill from a first person perspective, but would be better at indicating how well the light would work in a group setting, or flood as you say. It would be not so good at showing the perceived spill from the user's perspective, i.e., it wouldn't necessarily show how the light would look to the user.

If you could get your hands on a fish-eye lens and shoot from near the light, it would probably give a better feeling of the spill and light dispersion from a first person perspective, however I'll admit that wide angle (sub 10mm focal length, >90 degree FOV) and fish-eye lenses are not that common.

Regards,
Eric