My 6P has come full circle

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just purchased a strike bezel and 6PD body. In anticipation of assembling a 6PD LED out of spare parts and the P60L I have in my 6P, I converted my 6P back to stock form. I forgot how beautiful a stock 6P is. Runtime and regulation be dammed, the classic Surefire 6P is still a very satisfying light to behold.

It will tough putting it in storage...

HKJ

Flashaholic
I just got my first 6P and really like it (Compare to a Maglite it has a much better beam).

But now I have a problem, I have ordered a led module for it. When the led module arrives, do I replace the incandescent bulb with it or do I buy another 6P body for the led module?

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get a SC1 spares carrier. That way you can fix your light in the field in the unlikely event your LED module fails. Plus you also have 3 sets of batteries available!

Gunner12 - I've got a E2d and E2e that I use so the 6P would be redundant...

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've done something similar with my 6P. I used to have those ugly old-style KL3 heads on there, but when I heard about the new LED drop-in's and such, I sold off the KL3 and had to buy stock bezels and tailcaps. I used to have a Z48 on there too.

Where did you get your parts, kelmo? Did you get a good deal? Fast shipping? :naughty:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are the best!

According to the USPS website I received my goods in less than 24 hours! Is this a CFP record?!

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are the best!

According to the USPS website I received my goods in less than 24 hours! Is this a CFP record?!

hehe...nah, I repeatedly get things to people in less than 24 hrs. Maybe I just break my own records! Anyway, thanks for the smooth transaction. Better stop talking about this before the mods bring down the hammer. :wave:

Enjoy the new 6PDL! It's like you have two new lights...the 6PDL and your old 6P!

Gunner12

Flashaholic
It would be redundant, but if I was you, I'd use it every once in a while for the heck of it.

I hope you like your new Legoed light!

DonS2346

Newly Enlightened
I just got my first 6P and really like it (Compare to a Maglite it has a much better beam).

But now I have a problem, I have ordered a led module for it. When the led module arrives, do I replace the incandescent bulb with it or do I buy another 6P body for the led module?

If it were me, I would get another 6 body and install the led. That way you will have two great lights.

Illum

Flashaholic
I've always wanted to buy a 6P but I never got to it....after handling and familiarizing with the A2/E2e form-factor handling the G2 is like...

"d00d...this stuffs heavy lolol"

I didn't care for the old 6P [that had the same style as the 3P]...the new versions such a beautiful light

Last edited:

maxa beam

Banned
I've always wanted to buy a 6P but I never got to it....after handling and familiarizing with the A2/E2e form-factor handling the G2 is like...

"d00d...this stuffs heavy lolol"

I didn't care for the old 6P [that had the same style as the 3P]...the new versions such a beautiful light
Agreed, besides the Optimus it has to be my favorite looking light.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
HKJ, I happen to have OCD (as do 80% of the people that post on CPF...LOL), but, seriously, I prefer the incan in my 6P and prefer to run my P60L in my G2/G3...It may sound weird, but the LED module seems more natural in a plastic body when you use it...give it a try, and let me know if this is a common "feel", or I have overboard OCD! Anybody else that concurs, please chime in.:party: (welcome to the nut house)

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put together a kit for my 6P. Its a Pelican case with my 6P, SC1 w/P60, lanyard, KL3, and a beam diffuser.

My 6PL Defender rocks!

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 6P is one of my favorite 2x123 form flashlights. I purchased a few 6P clones (names withheld to avoid dispute) out there just for fun ... and even though they looked very similar to the 6P in one way or another, the 6P still win my heart. I can't even explain it ... I don't know if it's because of the weight, the knurls, or what ... but some reason, it feels really nice on my hand. I end up selling my clones.

HKJ

Flashaholic
HKJ, I happen to have OCD (as do 80% of the people that post on CPF...LOL), but, seriously, I prefer the incan in my 6P and prefer to run my P60L in my G2/G3...It may sound weird, but the LED module seems more natural in a plastic body when you use it...give it a try, and let me know if this is a common "feel", or I have overboard OCD! Anybody else that concurs, please chime in.:party: (welcome to the nut house)

The reason I started thinking about a second 6P is because I like the incan in the current one. Mostly I like leds in all types of flashlights, that is because they give a lot of light and batteries last a long time with them.

I also have a G2 with P60L, not a G2L, I wanted the all nitrolon body.

Force Attuned

Enlightened
I also have a G2 with P60L, not a G2L, I wanted the all nitrolon body.

I'm with you, I have a Malkoff M60L in my G2Z. The G2Z just wouldn't be the same with the metal bezel the G2ZL comes packed with.

Love the looks and practicality of the all nitrolon body. Love the weight of it too.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
An added bonus to my aquisition. My BOG Cree Premium drop in fits perfectly in my 6PD LED bezel! No more annoying spring or gap. I put my P60L in the 9P that rides in my truck. The BOG drop in was a PITA because if I didn't seat it just right with the cut down spring it would flicker. Now my 6PL has P90 like performance.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 6p was is my first good light, until I bought it I didn't understand... now I'm trying to tweak it, get it to be just right. Maybe an m60? wait for a p61l?I agree, it feels better than clones, don;t know why.