Best light for outdoor yardwork as the sun sets?

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do my own yardwork, and I try to do it around sunset because that is when the sun is not beating down on me hard and I still have visibility.

However, frequently I find myself working a bit later than usual and end up doing stuff in the dark.

What's the best portable flashlight for doing yardwork in such a situation?

Is it a head lamp like the H30 / H50? Or is it some other light with convenient attachment to keep my hands free?

Do any home owner / gardeners here have any recommendations?

aussiebob

Enlightened
my votes definitely for the zebralight H30-Q5!
Ive got a petxl myo xp which i use alot outside, but for yard work id agree with the H30-Q5 as it gives that really floody beam, (i dont think it has a reflector), i reckon it would light up area really well.:twothumbs

Burgess

Flashaholic
I've shoveled a LOT of snow,

while wearing my ZebraLight H50 headlamp. :thumbsup:

With all that "highly-reflective" white, i never even needed to go above "Medium" setting.

Hope this works well for you.

:twothumbs
_

GPB

Enlightened
41TPCFV1HSL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Don't forget this too:

extensioncordinshape.jpg

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I often go out at night to water things and usually just use my P2D to see around the dark areas, but the Zebralight H50 or H30 would be better if you need both hands available. I just don't want to stand infront of my house along the main road through town wearing a head light or be spotted by the neighbors. They just don't understand us folks. :)

Rossymeister

Enlightened
I agree with "GPB".

A work area light would be the best choice. They can be bought at hardware stores for around 50-100 Dollars. A very good investment IMO.

-Aaron

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
I agree with "GPB".

A work area light would be the best choice. They can be bought at hardware stores for around 50-100 Dollars. A very good investment IMO.

-Aaron

I agree, a worklight is the best.

Home Depot has a rechargeable worklight made by Husky for about $30, I have one and it is very useful and lasts about an hour on a full charge.

It just has to be charged up all the time because it loses charge when it's not in use.

Latest posts