Giving lights as gifts

HeadCSO

Enlightened
I was just thinking about all the lights I have given away as gifts and it amounts to a few. Although I haven't turned anyone into a flashaholic, they have all been well received and are in daily use. This is what I given:

2 x Fenix L2T V2
1 x Fenix L1T V2
1 x Fenix L1D CE
3 x Fenix L2D CE
2 x Fenix L0D Q4
1 x Surefire E2E
1 x Inova X1
2 x Photon light clones

Do you regularly give lights as gifts?

Last edited:

aussiebob

Enlightened
Id like to be your friend:) Thats a lot of lights to give away.
Ive only given a few Fenix keychain lights as presents.

Chuck289

Enlightened
Last christmas I gave away Fenix L2Ds to 7 of my friends.
A couple of them told me they used their lights during power outages
Another uses it at work all the time.
My friend in the Army uses it regularly
And another used for truck driving school.

chaoss

Enlightened
I recently bought 3 Fenix L1P's (old school lumens) for fathers day x 2 dads and 1 for a H.S. grad. This is a good light with simple on/off & AA power for non-flashaholics. Giving the gift of light is good. :thumbsup:

cyberpunk

Newly Enlightened
Yesterday was my wife's birthday. I had been planning on picking up a light for her for awhile now, and the timing worked out. I gave her a SureFire E2DL. Had it wrapped up all nice, and gave her a nice birthday card (I helped our two young kids sign their names, for a nice touch).

I wrote something cheesy in the card, like "May this always be a light to you in a dark place."

The look on her face was priceless...as she stood there looking at me, as if to say, "WTF?"

...and then I busted out the Mother's Day/Birthday, incredibly expensive, diamond ring.

Giving the light was nice - but only so far as it made the receipt of the ring nicer! I suspect, had I just given the light, I'd be in the dog house right now. :)

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only hand out DX fauxton (DXton?). Most people don't appretiate a light as gift, and they'd just chuck it somewhere around the house instead of carrying it, so why bother? Might as well put the money into something they like.

DaveG

Enlightened
I have given away Pal-lights,that have been put to good use by the people that got them.

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm giving lights to people as gifts, as many as I can afford to give away. Because it's an item that potentially could save lives in some situations. I try to bundle the lights with small inexpensive Victorinox pocket knives for maximum effect.

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
I regularly give away fauxtons, and I've given a few DX lights as presents as well, but if you wanted any of my (very few) prized lights you'd have to take them from my cold, dead hands. :p

umc

Enlightened
I've only given DX Fauxton's as well but love doing so. I'm up at my in-laws this weekend and plan on seeing some of my nieces and nephews and plan on giving them all one to play with.

Outside of that I've only given my wife flashlights, some fauxton's a G2 which I've taken back but have given her a G2L recently.

A friend of mines birthday is coming up and he's always been impressed with my Surefires and has gone on to purchase a light or two but they were junk to say the least. That being said, I've picked up a Surefire 6PL that I plan on giving to him as his first "real" light. I'm pretty excited about it and think he will be as well.

Rossymeister

Enlightened
I have given away a few Fenix L1D`s/E1`s... I dont like giving away flashlights that take odd batteries, because i know that once the power runs out, the light will just sit in a drawer.

-Aaron

lengendcpf

Enlightened
I was just thinking about all the lights I have given away as gifts and it amounts to a few. Although I haven't turned anyone into a flashaholic, they have all been well received and are in daily use. This is what I given:

2 x Fenix L2T V2
1 x Fenix L1T V2
1 x Fenix L1D CE
3 x Fenix L2D CE
2 x Fenix L0D Q4
1 x Surefire E2E
1 x Inova X1
2 x Photon light clones

Do you regularly give lights as gifts?

Can I be your friend? :laughing:

Medic_how

Newly Enlightened
i am planning to give away a bunch of fenix e01's when my wife pops. works out great because of colour options. Its a whole lot cheaper than handing out cubans.

lctorana

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've given away several 3AAA Luxeons (i.e my cast-offs), and last week I gave a RomisenRC-G2 to a low-vision aunt. She is 87.

She will EDC it.

Tomcat!

Enlightened
I try to prime people before giving them a light as a present by bringing up the subject in conversation (trying not to sound like a flerd) or letting them see one used in a real life situation, to judge if they would appreciate and use the gift. I have made a couple of mistakes by giving 123 based lights, which might as well have been alien technology when they saw the strange battery. Single or double standard AAA or AA is the way to go so they can refill it themselves from the high street. Personally I've found Fenix L1D and L2Ds have gone down well. Women like the single cell unit for handbag carry and guys like the two cell, I suppose because it's closest to the familiar Mini-Mag so they can then show off to other friends who think stock Mags are cool.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The lights I have given out is just an E1L for the wife, an X1 Inova for Dad, I'm keeping the rest of them.....he heh.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
From the way I think, giving a light to someone is also saying, I hope your future is bright.

I've only given away Faxtons.

Ironhog81

Newly Enlightened
I have given away a lot of lights since I got hooked here.
Never give away any 123's because most people don't understand or have access to cheap refills.
As I upgraded from LOP to LOD Fenix types, I shared the old ones and gave away a new LOD christmas light this year,
Plenty of AAA, AA, C, D and 9-volts (Pals).
In the last couple of years the total is over 40 lights.
Some people I gave these to were in Law Enforcement and motivated them to move up to LED's. Several have been hooked and now do more EDC carry.
This place gets you hooked. ;)