Mini Maglite tailcap Switch

Blikbok

Enlightened
Okay, there are 20 posts on this subject but I can't seem to find much info in them.

We've identified 2 kinds:
The metal one with the red button by RAM instrument, who don't seem to have a webpage;
And the conical rubber one which seems identical to the one on the Streamlight Jr.

Who actually has one of these and can comment on it?

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
--------
Is it momentary-on, constant-on like the fullsize maglight?
--------

Both!

Depress it a little, and it is momentary on, depress it all the way, and it is clicked on.

Think of it like a Papermate Pen with a clicker top, but covered in Rubber.

Blikbok

Enlightened
Thanks for answering the PM!

That's one for the Kroll. And how much was the shipping? Brightguy seemed to want $4.50 shipping on a $4.50 item.

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the RAM switchs and they work great and have "momentary on" capability too.

When installing the switch for the first time, it helps to dump the batteries and screw it on and off a few times to help "clean up" the fresh threads. Then they go on nice and smooth.

The only negative comment I have (if you could call it that) is that the switch is so easy to activate, it might turn on in your luggage if packed loosely. I use the twist on/off as a "lock-out" feature to prevent the unpleasant surprise of dead batteries should it happen.

I'm very happy w/the RAM switches. However, due to cost, if I were to buy a AA light to mod with a LS, I'd get the Brinkman Legend (which I just did), since it includes the tailswitch AND batteries AND carrying case - all for $10.

Empath

Flashaholic
It seems to be an academic question, actually. It seems the RAM switch is not available for purchase anywhere

Blikbok

Enlightened
I second Empath. Slick, where does one get a hold of these mythical beasts?

Darell

Flashaholic
If anybody wants the RAM switch case, you can have it for the expense of a SASE. The switch in mine never worked. I took it apart and the switch is defective. The switch case will still work though if you want to add your own switch.

Darell

Flashaholic
I have the entire thing, except the actual switch which I tossed in disgust. I scratched it a but when I held it in the vice to pry the thing apart, but there's no reason why it wouldn't work fine.

Drop me an email, and we'll get it done.

duffahtolla

Newly Enlightened
Is this what you are looking for?

RAM10001.jpg

The ONLY place on the net you can find them, I think.
confused.gif

ZanHeadGear

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Resurecting an old post while searching for info on Streamlight JR.

I have one of the above switches on my mini 2AA. I got it at Frys Electronics on I-45N in Houston. It was something like 7 bucks.

I agree that it is quite easy to activate and have thought of making a protective lip from shrink tubing or something to protect the button.

And on subject of SL Jr. - It's cheap enough. Should I?

Drakonchik

Newly Enlightened
I agree that it is quite easy to activate and have thought of making a protective lip from shrink tubing or something to protect the button.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If you cut the legs off a Nite Ize Flashlight Friend accessory you will have a grip that can be slid down to protect the Kroll switch while traveling, etc. Cost is about US$7.