Shelby's pics of E1B copyrighted?

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could contact Shelby ... he's a member of this forum (member name: AluminumOvercast). I'm sure he'll appreciate you brining it up to his attention.

AluminumOvercast

Enlightened
Thanks for looking out guys. Those particular photos were posted here on CPF, another forum, and sent to SureFire only. There were three ways they could have obtained them, but most likely, from the original forum thread. I have mixed feelings about this. It is true that they didn't get permission to use the images, but they left the photo credits and owner information on it (albeit small). I would have a bigger problem with it if they claimed the images to be theirs. Not only are they using my images, but they are using SureFire's image as well (the one with the hand).
If you google or ebay search "Titan" or any other SureFire light for that matter, most likely, you'll see a photo being used that I shot, without credit given or anything. I'm at the point where I don't feel like chasing after them or letting it be known as it's just too widespread. I've discussed this matter with SureFire years ago, and it's really hard to e mail everyone who uses the images. Two things. As long as they are not claiming the image to be theirs, publishing it, or worse of all, altering the images without my permission, then I'll let it slide.

Thanks again, guys:)

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your pictures rock, Shelby!

Just to be clear, I use my own pictures in my sales threads and posts...but some might think that I use Surefire's...which is the ultimate compliment! Of course, I could never duplicate the "light in hand" picture that you guys have!

My E1B Creemator picture:
creemator_e1b.jpg

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, I didn't know Shelby is behind the photos for all SF photos. I just spent 15 minutse on to his website and he's got some seriously nice pictures.

nbp

Flashaholic
Excellent site, Mr. Chan! Lovely ladies, lasers, lights, knives....it's got everything! What more could one ask for? Especially enjoyed that shot of the titan...:whistle:

ygbsm

Enlightened
I don't know any specifics about the situation here and the following should not be taken as a commentary on the specific situation here, but I would strongly urge anyone to consult competent counsel before making statements in a public forum about future treatment of potential infringers of IP rights. There may, for example, depending upon the
specific fact situation and the statements made, the potential for complicating the ability to pursue future action against potential infringers.

Size15's

Flashaholic
ygbsm,
I read you post, almost twice. The 2nd time I almost thought I may have understood part of a section of it.

(I'm not seeking clarification btw)

Al :nana:

ygbsm

Enlightened
ygbsm,
I read you post, almost twice. The 2nd time I almost thought I may have understood part of a section of it.

(I'm not seeking clarification btw)

Al :nana:

I almost understood it myself. For others' :nana: potential en"light"enment I'll give an example from an area of law not involved here -- patent law. If, for example I tell someone that I won't sue them for patent infringement and they rely on that representation to their detriment, they may have a defense of "equitable estoppel" if I try to sue them for the act of alleged infringement later.

If you do get the advice of counsel, telling third parties the substance of that advice may "waive" what is called attorney-client privilege. So be careful what you tell others after consulting with counsel.