Surefire G2 LED drop in.

hivoltage

Enlightened
I have a few G2's around the house I would like to turn into LED Superlights. Which dropin would be the best and where can I get a few of them at a decent price?

I seen many on Ebay but they are from China. Thanks

mackey

Newly Enlightened
i hear the malkoff are supposed to be the uber drop ins. i'm only aware of them being sold direct

i'm also new so take any advise i have with a grain.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
But beware of the heat problem with High Power LEDs + Polymer body. The LED could overheat under longer runs.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've always had good luck with BOG drop ins.

Be advised that the modules sometimes aren't a perfect fit in older Surefire lights. You may need extra O-rings (for the bezel to body gap), contact spring (supplied by BOG), and a lot of patience to get them to fit just right. Once seated, they work great.

Last edited:

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a few G2's around the house I would like to turn into LED Superlights. Which dropin would be the best and where can I get a few of them at a decent price?

I seen many on Ebay but they are from China. Thanks

I bought one of the cheapest Kai drop-ins, and then modded it with an R2 Cree. It pulls 500mA from one 17650 and is brighter than the Surefire P60L. I am really happy with this rechargeable combination.

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
here's a link to 1 which i bought for SG$30. lamp module D-7011

http://www.mteccd.com/

but the module i got stated w/ a lumen rating under 200lm. mayb there were improvements? :shrug:

in any case it is visibly brighter than the original bulb module of my Pelican's M6 (3 watter, the 2390). said to be made in USA.

LumenMan

Enlightened
The R2 LED drop in's are an excellent value. They are as bright as any other drop in that I've tried (& I've tried/owned them all !)