Did Surefire ever make this head....

cfromc

Enlightened
I have a 2001-2002 6P bezel without the retaining ring. Did Surefire ever make a bezel with Pyrex but without the retaining ring? I thought the ones without the retaining ring were all Lexan, is this true? If not, is there an easy way to tell the difference?

Size15's

Flashaholic
I have never seen a push-in, snap-fit bezel with a Pyrex window. I can't see how that would be possible.

Unless it has a retaining ring it can't be glass.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
cfromc, any way you can check to see if it is glass or lexan. I have not seen a hex head 6P bezel that was not glass, unless it was a Nitralon bezel, not counting the recent aluminum bezels for the Nitralon Led lights. Now, I may be wrong here.

Bill

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen very old 6P/D2 etc bezels that have the hex and Lexan.
my first 6p had the antiroll hex and a lexan lens - i found out the hard way by melting it, pretty easy to replace though, the local shop sells the replacement lens kit, it takes about 2 mins to do

cfromc

Enlightened
cfromc, any way you can check to see if it is glass or lexan. I have not seen a hex head 6P bezel that was not glass, unless it was a Nitralon bezel, not counting the recent aluminum bezels for the Nitralon Led lights. Now, I may be wrong here.

Bill

Any way to check? It is from 2001 or 2002 6P based on the paperwork copyright in the box and the batteries (expire in 2011). It is a hex head and does not have a retaining ring.

my first 6p had the antiroll hex and a lexan lens - i found out the hard way by melting it, pretty easy to replace though, the local shop sells the replacement lens kit, it takes about 2 mins to do

How did you melt it?

Cypher

Enlightened
I have the same bezel with the anti-roll hex feature and no retaining ring I purchased in 2004. It is lexan because I melted mine too with a 9 volt lamp.