Shipping from the US to Puerto Rico

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, I need to ship a Linksys router to Puerto Rico from the US, can anyone suggest the best way to do this? What shipper would be the most cost effective? Should I expect it to cost much more than shipping within the US?

I normally use Paypal to print my shipping labels but I'm not seeing a way to send to a Puerto Rico address through them. Does anyone know if it's possible and if so how to do it?

Thanks

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see what I was doing wrong in Paypal now. The address was invalid due to a typo and I needed to select "PR" in the State drop down.

This is good info, I always thought PR shipping was more of a hassle than it really is.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've shipped a few things to Puerto Rico using USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation ...same price as anywhere else in America...$4.60 if it's under 1 lb. The same goes to Alaska and Hawaii. All easily done from usps.com. Click & ship! :) (make sure you have a printer or access to a printer, though)

greenLED

Flashaholic
Head up - USPS is increasing the price on the flat rate envelopes. Not as much as last time, but it's going up.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Head up - USPS is increasing the price on the flat rate envelopes. Not as much as last time, but it's going up.

Yeah...sigh. At least it's still cheaper than FedEx or UPS for 2-3 day service. If I ship within the San Francisco Bay Area, it gets there th next day, and sometimes I can ship cross-country in 2 days!

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still remember back when there was a small and large USPS GPM flat rate envelope. The small one was $5, the large was $9, and the box was $14 for international packages.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
sigh...$4.75 now to ship Priority from usps.com. $4.80 if you do it at the post office. Argh. Maybe I'll start shipping first class mail.

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had to "educate" a few sellers here and on Ebay about the Puerto Rico status, not everyone knows whats the deal with us. Has soon has they see tha label printing and the actual postage its all good...BTW some little points of knowledge about our little island:

1. Yes we are part of the USA :thumbsup:

2. Yes we are american citizens by birth :thumbsup:

3. Yes we use the same currency :thumbsup:

4. Yes we use the same postal system :thumbsup:

5. Yes we have Walmart-Kmart-BestBuy-Radioshack-Starbucks- and now Kryspy Kreme (damn those doughtnuts are good):broke:

6. Yes most of use speak english :thumbsup:

7. No there are no indians left :(

8. No you don't need a passport to come here :thumbsup:

9. Yes we have some of the best beaches around :thumbsup:

10. Yes puertorican women are the most beautiful in the whole caribbean ( I know I'm married to one :naughty: )