Question(s) P60L and/vs. M60LL

umc

Enlightened
Hey all I've been picking up a 6PL and G2L here and there and like the idea of the 11/12 hour run times but realize that it's only full output for about 4 of those hours.

On Gene's site I see that his M60LL has a runtime of 8 hours at full power (80 Lumens)

So is that accurate between the two? 4 hours of regulated output out of the P60L and 8 hours of regulated output out of the M60LL.

What happens after 8 hours of the M60LL?

crocodilo

Enlightened
Jeez, I was just about to post the same question!

I have a 6P, a C2 and a G2. One Lighthound P4 drop-in, one Solarforce Q5 drop-in, and three incan P60 assemblies. Now I was considering getting a third LED to finnaly get over the incans. My possible choices would be:

1. ebay X-brand R2 drop-in: cheap, might be unreliable, high power thrower with short runtime - for that I've already got the Q5 drop-in, so, no go;
2. Malkoff M60: expensive, reliable, but would perform more or less as the above, so, no use for it;
3. Malkoff M60L: expensive, reliable, still plenty of lumens, and a decent runtime - might be a good balanced choice
4. Malkoff M60LL: expensive, reliable, probably enough light for my needs, with a very respectable runtime - might be a good choice, too;
5. Surefire P60L module: affordable, reliable, similar specs to the M60LL?

So, confirmation on the beam and runtime comparison between the M60LL and the P60L is what I'm asking for here. Is the Malkoff worth twice the money? I'm expecting good QC and costumer service from both Surefire and Malkoff, and I'm guessing that reliability will be high on either one of these. Am I right?

jbosman1013

Enlightened
The M60ll has better throw better tint and a slight output advantage. The runtime is also much better and it does not drop the output when it heats up like the P60L. I purchased a G2L a while back and was not very happy with the P60L module so it now has a M60LL and the P60L collects dust.

crocodilo

Enlightened
The M60ll has better throw better tint and a slight output advantage. The runtime is also much better and it does not drop the output when it heats up like the P60L.

Just the kind of info I was looking for.
Thanks to the two last posters.

umc

Enlightened
So, anyone have an answer to the original post in regards to the 4 hours of regulated output out of the P60L and 8 hours of regulated output out of the M60LL? Is that the difference between the two and is that accurate?

Basically I want to know if I will get 8 hours at 80 lumens with the M60LL and only 4 hours with the P60L.

SimpleIsGood229

Newly Enlightened
4 hours at full power off of two primaries for the P60L seems a bit inflated to me. I could be completely wrong, though.