I accidentally destroyed my KD gen 3 AAA

smopoim86

Enlightened
Trying to make the tailcap more friendly with the clip(it kept getting hung with the clip sideways and got on my nerves), I managed to destroy it. Does anyone have any idea what i could use the guts out of it for?

I thought about trying and putting them in a mag solitair, but the diameter is about 1.5-2mm larger then the inside of the mags head. I am still going to try, but i doubt it will work so any ideas for my $15 driver/p4 combo would be appreciated.

Daniel

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I have also been considering using the insides of mine for something else as the original host is crap with horrible threads. You can almost make it fit inside a Dorcy AAA body and with some light filing I think it would work. I have thought of doing this and using the reflector inside a spare Dorcy AAA tail cap for a slender AAA size light.

Some time back Brookstone had some single AAA lights that will almost fit as well. I am going to figure out a way to use mine as the circuit and emitter are actually very nice. If I figure it out I will let you know.