Mountain Bikers: Has anyone seen the new film 'Seasons' from 'The Collective'?

RGB_LED

Enlightened
'The Collective' is a bunch of guys, film-makers, current and former bikers who decided that there was a shortage of good films that really represent the ultimate in all forms of mountain biking from bmx, free-ride, 4x, all-mountain, downhill, cross-country, etc.

'Roam' was their first film and, before I saw it, I thought, 'whatever, a bunch of punks filming their exploits...'. My buddy picked up the dvd and loaned it to me last year... I popped it into the dvd player one night and... it blew me away! There's some amazing footage where they set-up lines and string the cameraman over a forest to get aerial shots and they also pared the footage up with a great soundtrack.

They recently started to showcase their new film called, 'Seasons' - unfortunately, I missed the preview in my city as I was busy at work and taking exams for my Project Mgmt certification. :ohgeez:Just wondering if anyone managed to see the film. Btw, here is their site - oh, and I don't have any affiliation with them (I wish I did!)... http://www.thecollectivefilm.com/. Now, if only they would do some night rides... :D

Last edited:

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's some amazing footage where they set-up lines and string the cameraman over a forest to get aerial shots ...

It's just the camera not the man too, right? Isn't it the cable-cam like in this YouTube video? (It's a bad quality example, but it was the first I could find quickly.)
[edit] NOPE -- I see in Barrecloth's still shots that the photographer is sliding along in a sling on the cable! Now there's one way to make a living! Wow! :)

Looks like a great movie. My kids (boys, 9, 7, and 5) are still hooked on the very old Kranked series. They pop that 3-in-1 dvd in the player and even take it on car trips. Time for some new movies now that they're in the woods with me and I've been looking for something they'd enjoy watching. Thanks for the link.

270 -- Yeah, funny how paths diverge. The guy who wrote Photoshop introduced me to computers when he was going to a local community college. Geez, I was never near as smart as he is but might at least have been more prosperous if I'd stuck to computer programming instead of spending more than a decade ignoring it because girls I was attracted to thought that was unattractive. Youth is wasted on the young.

Last edited:

RGB_LED

Enlightened
looked good. I grew up riding with one of the guys. I stayed on the trail. How peoples' paths diverge.
:cool: That is awesome... if you're still in touch, you should suggest they do some night shots as that's the one thing missing from their videos - and you can recommend some kick-a55 lights to help them out. :naughty:

It's just the camera not the man too, right? Isn't it the cable-cam like in this YouTube video? (It's a bad quality example, but it was the first I could find quickly.)
[edit] NOPE -- I see in Barrecloth's still shots that the photographer is sliding along in a sling on the cable! Now there's one way to make a living! Wow! :)
Yeah, I also thought they strung up a remote camera until I saw the Roam 'behind the scenes' coverage and they've got a cameraman strung up like a trapeze artist. I would imagine that he's praying they get the perfect shot the first go... Otherwise, he'll have to remain up there for multiple takes - can't be too comfortable in that harness and I'm sure it's bad for the 'boys' down there.

Looks like a great movie. My kids (boys, 9, 7, and 5) are still hooked on the very old Kranked series. They pop that 3-in-1 dvd in the player and even take it on car trips. Time for some new movies now that they're in the woods with me and I've been looking for something they'd enjoy watching. Thanks for the link.
Np. Hope you and your kids enjoy the full-length movie when it's out. You may be able to find a copy of 'Roam' somewhere to see in the meantime - it's a bit short (only about an hour) but well worth the watch if your kids are into biking.

Last edited:

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk
It's opening near me (sorta) this week, but I'm not going to make it. I might try to see it over the weekend. Looks like good stuff -- as usual. Too bad Ryan Leech isn't in this one. I could watch him all day...

- Chris

RGB_LED

Enlightened
It's opening near me (sorta) this week, but I'm not going to make it. I might try to see it over the weekend. Looks like good stuff -- as usual. Too bad Ryan Leech isn't in this one. I could watch him all day...
- Chris
Yeah, the footage of Ryan Leech in Roam was amazing... I'm not a fan of the trials type of riding - and never will will be in this lifetime - but some of the tricks he did was fantastic! Love the footage in Prague and especially when he road the high fence and hopped from one railway track to the other. unbelievable!

Screehopper

Enlightened
Darn! All the local showings have already occurred in my area. Everything else is over 375 miles away.