interesting flashlight use over the weekend

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went to go see a movie with a friend this weekend. I used my weaker 1AA Coast LED Lenser light in the theater to double check my seating area before leaving at the end of the movie.

I noticed another flashaholic guy using a small but relatively bright LED light to check the area around his seating as well, pretty cool to see another flashaholic in action. :wave:

When my friend and I walked to the parking lot, we noticed a couple of drunks bashing cars with beer bottles. The movie theater is close to a bar, and the bar patrons frequently park in the movie theater parking lot.

Our presence chased off the drunks, and we walked to my friend's car. I pulled out my L2D Q5 to look over my friend's car, and sure enough, we found a few dents. We flagged down an officer to let him know what we found, but the drunks were long gone unfortunately.

I used my L2D Q5 to inspect a few other cars, and sure enough they had been bashed as well. Without my L2D Q5 it would have been impossible to see the dents as the parking lots was dim.

Unfortunately I think the drunks got away with this since we didn't see them clearly in the dark lighting, but a valuable lesson learned - never park near bars where drunks congregate. And always have your flashlights with you!

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
Too bad the inebriated morons got away, good job scaring them off though, I wonder how they would have reacted to the Fenix's strobe mode, or the Novatac "Disorienting Strobe", considering their faculties were already compromised, it'd have been fun if the strobe caused them to collapse or fall over

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
LOL i always do a search of my seat also LOL, i havnt' notice any body else with a flashlight searching their seat yet, unless someone loses something then they go and ask an usher for a flashlight lol

i was actually in the theater yesterday also, watching Iron Man, pretty good film, and it was raining really hard too, thank goodness the power didnt go out would have ruined the movie.

and for some strange reason i woke up at 3:20 am ( same night ) it was pitch black in my house, so i knew the power went out, and my parents alarm clock is plugged in the wall, so i set my alarm on my cell phone to wake them up, and while this happend i turned on my p2d ce, and i was surpized how bright 9 lumens is when ceiling bouncing.